Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD Pro X pitch error

Crossfire234

Hey everyone,

RESOLVED: Apparently when I uninstalled the drivers in device manager, I neglected to see that there were more Line 6 drivers than just sound drivers. There were software drivers and others as well that I then deleted and the issue has been resolved. Hopefully this helps anyone else with this issue.

I have run into an odd issue that surfaced randomly. I have a Pod HD PRO X

Whenever I record anything from my interface, the pitch is modulated exactly 1 step down on the recording. For example, if I play guitar and listen to the playback on Ableton, the pitch gets played back 1 step down. The same happens for vocal recordings. It seems to be a global problem. I also tested it in Audacity with the same effect.

I know that it's not because of my computer because my music still had the correct pitch, and, to reiterate, the pitch directly out of the interface sounds fine. I can still play guitar and stuff, but the recordings are pitched down.

I tried the obvious stuff, restart PC, power cycle the interface, plugging usb in and out, reinstalling Line 6 drivers to no effect. I also tried cycling through the pitch modulators so the effect might be reset. It's possible that I have to delete the drivers in a more careful way for the reinstall to actually work, but I don't want to bother with that just yet.

I just tried using line 6 monkey to do a firmware reset, but it didn't seem to work either.

Edit: Seems to be an issue with my specific PC and my Pod interface. I just tried using my interface on my laptop and everything is fine. In addition, my webcam on this computer has no pitch issues. I tried using the device manager to uninstall and then the line 6 installer to reinstall the device driver, but to no effect.

Thanks for any help you can give.