Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Channel Gain surge on the STageScape M20D

I have a StageScape M20D I purchased new in 2013 and about 5 months ago has been all of a suddenly going bonkers with a what seems to be power surge that stays on till I shut down for a few hours. Each channel gets effected by this surge or sometimes just one channel,  particularly my guitar input. There will be a little green circle indicator next to the effected channel XLR picture on the inputs screen each time this occurs. This glich makes the monitors and the mains go out of control in volume almost like a compressed overload. What's up with this nightmare? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've never experienced that. If it's power related as you suspect you might try using a power surge protector (if you're not already) between the M20d and the house power outlet. You could also try another power cord connecting to the M20d. This might tell you whether there's a problem with the house power,  the cord, or whether it is indeed inside the M20d. If it's a problem with the M20d it's likely hardware and will need repair.

It's not a power surge, it's a volume gain surge with compression effect. And those green little indicators tell me something is overloading the channels. I read in the forums somewhere about the ribbon connectors faulting. I wonder if this could be the culprit with an inconsistent connection or something.  

I opened up a support ticket. I had spoke to Line 6 on Friday and of course they said I should it take to a Line 6 repair center, which luckily there is one in Woodstock N.Y. not to far from me. I  have a feeling this is one of those plaguing problems from these early units.(2013)  Thanks for your input.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're brave enough open the mixer up and clean all the ribbon connectors with a good contact cleaner, and reseat them once its dried off. I do this to my hire unit every couple of months, and it cures the problem. Be careful as you lift the screen and top panel up as they're connected to the mainboard.  

• Like 1