Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.80 Stomp Upgrade wiped out names?

colek98

Hi All,

I bought a Stomp and it came w firmware 2.65. I did the upgrade - all seems fine Except all the Preset Names disappeared. Seems like the presets are still there, they just have no names. Did I do something wrong? Anyway to fix or get a list? TIA!

stomp no names.jpg

Did you follow the instructions and do the update by running the v2.82 HX Edit before running the updater?

Running the updater should have wiped out all existing presets, leaving just the factory presets.

At that point you should have been able to re-install your custom presets from your backup.

You DID do a backup BEFORE the update, right?

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys. So far I've only created two of my own patches so I may retry the process. Peter, I thought the factory restore would set me back to 2.65, so haven't tried that yet, maybe that's it. RD, I think I did it in order - pretty careful bout that being a cautious techie by profession, but who knows - I'm getting old and crazy - lucky if I know what day it is . And yes I did a backup. Yeah this tech is a little too scary to me to skip the precaution of backing up.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:52 AM, colek98 said:

Hi All,

I bought a Stomp and it came w firmware 2.65. I did the upgrade - all seems fine Except all the Preset Names disappeared. Seems like the presets are still there, they just have no names. Did I do something wrong? Anyway to fix or get a list? TIA!

stomp no names.jpg

yes do a factory reset,I did the same thing since it was brand new.I bought it for my son,and I took it out the box I didnt think of making a backup file because I didnt make my own presets.So yeah I should have backed it up before update,just follow instructions I think its footswitch one and 2 hold down as you turn it on then let go when you see the screen display backing up presets,just double check the manual or instructions on line 6 site first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colek98 said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. So far I've only created two of my own patches so I may retry the process. Peter, I thought the factory restore would set me back to 2.65, so haven't tried that yet, maybe that's it. RD, I think I did it in order - pretty careful bout that being a cautious techie by profession, but who knows - I'm getting old and crazy - lucky if I know what day it is . And yes I did a backup. Yeah this tech is a little too scary to me to skip the precaution of backing up.

It only reset the globals, presets and IRs. It will not set you back to 2.65.

...According to my experience, it's better to do a reset after an update to avoid bugs

• Like 1