Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

*Update* - Anyone Using the Rockville RVBAG 25 for Helix LT

kraftybob

I’m looking for a gig bag for my LT and came across the Rockville RVBAG25 bag. Seems to get good reviews (better than the Novation), and is reasonably priced at $60, but I’ve not found any posts on this site from anyone saying they use it. 

I’m going to start playing out on occasion and need something for my Helix.  Probably won’t be more than 2x’s/month so not looking for, or to spend, on something that’s more road worthy right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Rockville Bag yesterday and wanted to update the forum in the event someone else is interested in this.  

It's a pretty decent bag and I'll know over time how it holds up, but on initial inspection there's nothing that leads me to believe this won't last with moderate use.  I'm not a road warrior so I got this with the intention of jamming at a friends house and the occasional pub gig, so for $60 you really can't go wrong.  

It fits the LT like a glove so I would not recommend this for the Helix Floor since that is slightly wider.  It has backpack straps that can be tucked away in a pocket on the back, and it has a removable over-the-shoulder strap if you prefer to carry it that way.  There's also a sturdy handle on the top.  There could be a little more padding in the bottom corners so I would be careful about inadvertently dropping it.  I may add some padding in those spots as long as I can still zip it closed.

It fits everything I bring with me and here's a few pics to show the bag.  It will also fit a few of the thinner style guitar straps, but I keep mine (thicker leather straps) with my guitars in their cases so that's not a need for me.  Side note - now that I have just the Helix and my amp I'm going to get a smaller power strip - but this one fits without a problem.

If anything happens with it I'll update the post.

IMG_4187.jpg.da0dac6e111cfa59ab26e396f3c4d53f.jpgIMG_4188.jpg.6a93c99c0329555731003ff616e1ba48.jpgIMG_4189.jpg.c2b9c7757cd3729c4a1b53b6ec8a0650.jpg