Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi switching dt25

njc235

I’m a little tired of my setup.  I have the dream rig, hd500, dt25, jtv59p.  The number of permutations of fx, preamp, power amps, cab sims, guitars downloadable tones for everything has just created a mush of poor tones.

I recently gigged with an old squire strat plugged straight into the dt25 with no external fx and it was wonderful.

I have been lucky in the last 2 weeks to have been able to buy my first ever real Gibson Les Paul (2015 Classic in sea foam green) and I just love it.

OK, stop drivelling, here’s the question.  I think I’d like to dump the hd500 and the variax but I do need some fx such as delays and reverbs.  I also need to be able to switch between the 4 loaded DT models and channel a/b.  Would the HX Stomp be an ideal new box for me or something else without amp modelling but with midi switching capability?

I have the HX Effects and Helix and both work great with my DT25.  If you are just looking for some effects, the HX Effects works great in 4 cable method.  I really like the tone and simplistic configuration.  I honestly use my Helix more because I don't leave the house any more with the DT25.  

They all sound great.   But you might not need to get rid of the HD500 to get great sound out of it.

Don't forget, you can use you HD500 as an effects unit as well using 4 cable method with no amp modeling but not use the L6link.  plug your guitar in, throw up a compressor, distortion etc and add a send/return block.  Plug the send from the HD to the DT25 input,    Plug the effects send from the DT25 to the return on your HD500.  Throw in some other effects in the chain on the HD500, and send the quarter inch output to the DT25 return.  If you want to reverbs, all of the reverbs from the HD500 are built into the DT25 so you can save a block on the HD500.

Just a thought to tide you over until you get the next box.....