Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Backpack - what you using the outside elastic for?

Deadmans

I know we have chatted and swapped ideas on what to put on the inside your Helix backpacks. However I have no idea what to do with the elasticated hoops on the outside. Unless I buy 20 slides I can't think of a reason. 

Any of you guys and girls got any cool ideas on how to use them ? Hacks or just plain weirdness. Look forward to hearing from you all.

I'm in UK so shotgun cartridges are out . ...ha ha 

I never even noticed them on the front until this thread. 

I can't imagine having any use for them... I don't like dangling stuff outside of a case. 

My initial thought was pen/pencil/sharpie. But only a sharpie holds, and it's too long to be a practical storage spot for it.

If you are transporting your backpack, the loops can serve to affix cables, mic and speaker stands, Nalgene style water bottles (via the loops for their caps), other small gear pouches, and a variety of other items, like key rings, etc. Use carabiners or the provided velcro straps. Let your creativity and necessity inspire you. 

• Like 1