Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snaphots Vs Stomps .... Why?

Retro-Rick

Snapshots and stomps should be combined into one thing, they are very similar anyway. For example, if you have your view set to Pre/Snap, you have 4 presets, and 4 Snapshots but some functions like looper can't be assigned as a snapshot, only as a stomp, which is annoying to me. Why not snapshots and stomps into one multifunction controller?

My patches are setup with snapshots on top row and stomps on the bottom row.  Is this what you're after?  If so, you can change how the footswitches display in the global settings. Then assign the looper to one of the switches designated as a stomp.

7 minutes ago, lungho said:

My patches are setup with snapshots on top row and stomps on the bottom row.  Is this what you're after?  If so, you can change how the footswitches display in the global settings. Then assign the looper to one of the switches designated as a stomp.

No, what I mean is snapshots can do 99% of what stomps can do, they should consolidate snaps & stomps into one choice let's call it SuperSnaps. then you could have 4 presets up and  

4 Supersnaps down. And get rid of stomps...

Oh I see now.  I've read your other thread and better understand what you're after.  Sometimes we have to conform to the product's design. And if the product doesn't meet our expectations, we find a workaround or move on and try something different from another company. For me, the looper is a nice add-on but it is not a necessity.  If it was a necessity, I'd simply spend the money on one that had more functionality and features.  The way I look at Helix is that it is primary an amp and stomp modeler and anything else beyond that scope is a bonus.

1 minute ago, lungho said:

Oh I see now.  I've read your other thread and better understand what you're after.  Sometimes we have to conform to the product's design. And if the product doesn't meet our expectations, we find a workaround or move on and try something different from another company. For me, the looper is a nice add-on but it is not a necessity.  If it was a necessity, I'd simply spend the money on one that had more functionality and features.  The way I look at Helix is that it is primary an amp and stomp modeler and anything else beyond that scope is a bonus.

I love using a looper for auditioning tones, I put it first in the signal chain, play the riff, and change amps and cabs and effects until I find the best tone for the particular song.

But it's not something I use live, so I can live with it being hidden, it's no big deal.