Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change View (Preset/Snapshot) via midi or single button

Retro-Rick

You can change Preset Mode to essentially be Snapshot Mode by going to Global Settings>Footswitches>Knob 2, "Preset Mode Switches" and selecting 8 Snapshot. Then you can switch between Snapshot Mode and Stomp Mode by simply hitting the Mode footswitch. To get into Preset Mode, you just hit the Bank Up or Bank Down switch, and you can scroll through the banks. Once you select a preset, it takes you back into the mode you were in before.

10 minutes ago, phil_m said:

You can change Preset Mode to essentially be Snapshot Mode by going to Global Settings>Footswitches>Knob 2, "Preset Mode Switches" and selecting 8 Snapshot. Then you can switch between Snapshot Mode and Stomp Mode by simply hitting the Mode footswitch. To get into Preset Mode, you just hit the Bank Up or Bank Down switch, and you can scroll through the banks. Once you select a preset, it takes you back into the mode you were in before.

Thanks, I appreciate the attempt. I only use presets and snapshots, I find stepping on 2 buttons simultaneously awkward, I would prefer a better solution than this. No offence.

Just now, Retro-Rick said:

Thanks, I appreciate the attempt. I only use presets and snapshots, I find stepping on 2 buttons simultaneously awkward, I would prefer a better solution than this. No offence.

Huh? Re-read what I wrote again... If you set Preset Mode to be 8 Snapshots, you don't have to step on the Bank Up and Bank Down switches to go back and forth between Stomp and Snapshot Mode. You just have to step on the Mode footswitch. To get into Preset Mode to change presets you just hit the Bank Up or Bank Down footswitch (just either one, not both at the same time). With this setup, you never have to simultaneously hit those two footswitches.

5 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Huh? Re-read what I wrote again... If you set Preset Mode to be 8 Snapshots, you don't have to step on the Bank Up and Bank Down switches to go back and forth between Stomp and Snapshot Mode. You just have to step on the Mode footswitch. To get into Preset Mode to change presets you just hit the Bank Up or Bank Down footswitch (just either one, not both at the same time). With this setup, you never have to simultaneously hit those two footswitches.

Sorry for my lack of understanding you. I Just tried it, and you are right, but it's flawed... When you are in the preset view it flashes, which is annoying, also, picking a preset will always bring you back to the snapshot view, which is usually not preferred. For me this method is not as good as the one I currently use now, which is 4 presets up/4 snaps down. I wish the tap tempo button, Footswitch 12, could be programmed to change the view from 8 presets to 8 snapshots, or the Mode button, that would be my wish, I never use Tap Tempo anyway.

In general I wish there was more flexibility in what the buttons can be assigned to do, the helix is quite rigid. If it wasn't for my love of the Variax, and how it can be controlled by the Helix, I would have switched over to fractal. Fractal's new line of footswitches are fully programable, you can assign any footswitch to do any thing you want.

Have you made the suggestion to ideascale? 

https://line6.ideascale.com/

IMO the most logical change would be the MODE switch operation. Currently it only rocks between the "preset mode" (which we all know can be altered) and "Stomp Mode". It would be nice if you could change what the mode does...

Preset > Stomp (as it is now)

Preset > Snap

Snap > Stomp (yes that is possible by setting the preset mode to 8 snaps... but comes with the drawback of no permanent view of presets)

Preset > Snap > Stomp (why not the option to simply toggle between all three screens)

4 hours ago, codamedia said:

Have you made the suggestion to ideascale? 

https://line6.ideascale.com/

IMO the most logical change would be the MODE switch operation. Currently it only rocks between the "preset mode" (which we all know can be altered) and "Stomp Mode". It would be nice if you could change what the mode does...

Preset > Stomp (as it is now)

Preset > Snap

Snap > Stomp (yes that is possible by setting the preset mode to 8 snaps... but comes with the drawback of no permanent view of presets)

Preset > Snap > Stomp (why not the option to simply toggle between all three screens)

Yeah I posted it on ideascale,  I personally never use Tap Tempo, so for people like me, the option to put something useful there would be nice.