Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix rack as interface & 4cm with amp

tmingle

I have just purchased a Helix rack unit.  I am attempting to eliminate the Scarlett from my recording setup & have a routing question.

Can my DSL40C be used in 4CM & route the other audio thru the monitors only?  I am sure it can & I just don't understand the internal routing yet.

Thanks in advance.  If there is a document explaining all of this it would be great.

After several days of messing about, the Helix doesn't quite meet my needs as an interface.  I was able to figure the routing mentioned above, but I also have a small mixer, Countyman direct box & the line out from a home brew attenuator for my 40C.  I will be shopping for a new interface to replace the Scarlett.  It may be my ears but, the Helix seems to sound a lot better than the Scarlett during playback.  I will certainly be keeping the Helix though. 

Here is the link for the attenuator for anyone that is interested.  It works really well.

http://www.marshallforum.com/threads/simple-attenuators-design-and-testing.98285/