Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

jesuscares

Hi guys,

Been enjoying my Helix LT & now got a Fender deluxe reissue amp which is a great treat by itself.Just wondering how to put these 2 together. I’ve read the forums & decided not to go for the 4 CM option now.Seems complicated.

How does the Helix sound directly in the power amp section of the Fender amp? I feel a bit reluctant about this as I will not be using the tubes of the fender amp this way.What difference will it make if I use the Helix in the effects loop as far as tone quality is concerned  ( power/ preamp in/out ) of the Fender amp?

Or if I just turn off the amps & cabs of the Helix & go direct into the front of the Fender amp will it be the best option? If so is there a way I can turn off all amps & cabs on the Helix globally?

If i’m plugging into the front do I need to switch Helix output to Instrument?

Anyone using the Fender blues deluxe with the Helix,please share you thoughts.Others welcome too.Thanks.

The best way is 4cm. Remember how complicated it was learning to tie your shoes? It's not that complicated.

If you decide to go front of amp, set the 1/4" out to Instrument. If you go into the power amp, select Instrument or Line based on which provides the best S/N ratio.

When going to the power amp the first time, make sure the Helix volume knob (set to 1/4" or Multi) is down and the Fender Master around half way. I don't know if the Master is part of the Power Amp or not, and 40 watts will make a BIG noise. Make sure the Helix Volume Knob is NOT set to XLR.

Using 4cm, you can use the Fender Preamp for what it does best - clean chimey Fender goodness - and with a single pedal press have a raging full on metal amp, or anything in between. Maybe you don't need that kind of flexibility, but it's good to know it's there.

No, you can't turn off the Helix amps Globally.

FWIW - I use Helix with an Egnater Tweaker 15-112 Combo (6v6), 4cm, on the Fender setting. I like it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.I will read more & check on the 4CM .Are there any settings to be made on the Helix?

From what I just read,I would have to add a Send/Return block on every patch I use.Is that right? If that's the case it would be for later, asI doubt if I would have the time to do it for tonight's performance!

For direct to power amp you mentioned " Make sure the Helix Volume Knob is NOT set to XLR." -Do you mean the 1/4 inch output or is there a separate setting for Volume knob?

Edited by jesuscares

Your Send/Return levels should be set to whatever gives the best S/N ratio. Some amps' FX loops like Instrument, some prefer Line.

I have a Floor model, so I'm not exactly sure what the Volume Knob controls on the LT. If you set it to 1/4", then the XLRs send UNITY, and vice versa.

For use direct to power amp I set it to 1/4" so that I don't have to run back and forth to the amp to control the level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Your Send/Return levels should be set to whatever gives the best S/N ratio. Some amps' FX loops like Instrument, some prefer Line.

I have a Floor model, so I'm not exactly sure what the Volume Knob controls on the LT. If you set it to 1/4", then the XLRs send UNITY, and vice versa.

For use direct to power amp I set it to 1/4" so that I don't have to run back and forth to the amp to control the level.

Thanks.I have a Helix LT.I didn't know there was a volume knob control setting.Is it in the Global section?

That'll work, just don't set it to XLR only. If, down the road, you want to send a signal to FOH while using the Fender on stage, set it to 1/4". That'll send a steady UNITY signal to FOH while you control your on stage level. Your sound man will thank you.