Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DSP, Please help me!

jasonkerr931

Hey guys, I recently acquired a POD HD500X as I have been missing my old one for years. I downloaded a patch from Customtone via a facebook post of a sound I truly need for live playing. It was made on a POD HD500X, and is played by others, but for some reason, I get a DSP limit on mine when I try to load it???? ANy help greatly appreciated. Patch is below if you want to try...Cheers!

https://line6.com/customtone/tone/4768878/

that's interesting. the way they claim, it shouldn't happen when it is within X units. 

Which just goes to show you (not you, all of the other posters), when people ask about the difference between the 500 and the 500x, you shouldn't use DSP as an example.  

1. make sure you are updated to the latest software. in order to fit some of the latest changes, they needed to "optimize" existing code. it is possible that "effect x" is using higher levels because it lacks the newly optimized code.

2. are there model packs required for the tone. if you do not have the model pack, a substitute amp is used. different amp = different dsp 

3. global settings.  i don't know if global settings would make a difference, but in theory it could. so, if they are different than the designer.... 

and when all that doesn't work.... 

open EDIT in offline mode. 

open the file. look at it. find something you don't need - remove it. 

save the file. 

close EDIT. 

let me repeat that - CLOSE EDIT

bad things happen to people who try to go online from offline. close the damn program. 

open EDIT in online mode. 

• Upvote 1