Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting POD HD500 and Vox AD50VTamp

Urosk

Hi friends

I am not such a pro when it comes to equipment so I got the next best thing for someone like myself

I bought Line6 HDPOD500 and I can't figure out how to connect it to my VOXAD50VT. Now I know that they are bot moduls and shouldn't be connected, but I can't even get the sound out. The cables are fine, bot products are working since amp is workign when I play it directly, and I can hear the sound on my headphones. So, I found a topic already here about it (https://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/84944/) but unlike OP, I can't even get the sound out. 

Can someone help?

Tl;dr - How to connect Line6 HDPOD 500 to VOXAD50VT (sound doesn't come out at all, everything is working fine)

The guitar should be connected to the guitar input of the POD, and one of the POD standard jack outputs (doesn't matter which one, L or R) should be connected to the VOX amp input.

The switch 1/4" OUT near the pedal should be set to AMP.

Turn up on full the POD master volume physical knob.

It should surely work, unless there is a problem with the POD standard jack outputs, or if you are using a bad cable for the connection, or if the current preset has a particular setting which is blocking the output signal.

If you are using headphones connect them to the VOX amp since it's the last piece of gear in the above rig.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

32 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

The guitar should be connected to the guitar input of the POD, and one of the POD standard jack outputs (doesn't matter which one, L or R) should be connected to the VOX amp input.

The switch 1/4" OUT near the pedal should be set to AMP.

Turn up on full the POD master volume physical knob.

It should surely work, unless there is a problem with the POD standard jack outputs, or if you are using a bad cable for the connection, or if the current preset has a particular setting which is blocking the output signal.

If you are using headphones connect them to the VOX amp since it's the last piece of gear in the above rig.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Tried it all, and even changed the settings like in the video, still nothing

)

1 hour ago, Urosk said:

Tried it all, and even changed the settings like in the video, still nothing

)

Regardless of which settings you are using, the point is that if the POD standard outputs are working fine (and I mean to say that you can attest that you tested them by connecting the device also to something else and you get the signal), then the POD connected the VOX amp (or to any other amp) should work.

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips