Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

5+12 reset completely changed my helix LT!

ashetler1

I was very frustrated when I first got my helix because of how much tweaking it took to get a amp+cab block to sound decent. The amps would want to distort very quickly and the distortion was not to my ears pleasant at all. The distortion pedals were extremely difficult to make sound decent, and keep in mind I’m saying decent. Not good, not great... decent. Especially on the neck pickup with either a stray or les Paul, very bassy, muffled. I tried some of the resets and it didn’t make a difference so I just figured it was my lack of knowledge and or experience. I figured out ways to get sounds that I liked, Mostly from tips from the experts here. I realized One day that I was only using a couple amps and basically only two distortion pedals in all my presets and they came from the 2.81 update. It got me wondering if the new models were right and maybe the old ones contaminated somehow. (I should say that the bass amps were all very sterile, I could get considerably better tone going direct to pa until the svt pro came with 2.81). So anyways I decided to try factory resets again and just kept going until i got to the 5+12 reset and it made a night and day difference to all the amps and distortion pedals, I’m so excited to try everything else now to see how awesome this thing can sound. 

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else had problems getting good sounds from their helix. Try the 5+12! Because you might just not be hearing what line 6 intended you to hear

Just wanted to update, got my acoustic guitar impulses reloaded and they sound 1000 times better than they did before and the distortion pedals are all awesome! Total night and day. I thought before that I just was one of those people who needed the ‘amp in a room’. Now I know that my helix was just flawed before! Great news. I was on the verge of selling both my helix and pair of l3m speakers and moving in from line 6.