Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset / Snapshot Problems

GrutterInTheSea

Hi!

I've been using the Helix for 3-4 Months now and i really love it.

Now i started messing with the whole Snapshot thingy...

Basically, what i want to do is:

- Switch between 8 presets normally

- on one of my presets i want to switch the snapshots i've created

- go back to 8 presets again

Now, maybe i'm doing something horribly wrong but i can't get those simple 3 things to work properly.

What i've done so far:

I can switch to 4 snapshots / 4 presets in the global setting, this works perfectly.

I can do the normal 8 preset thing.

BUT as far as i understand, i should be able to switch between those modes with the "MODE" switch.

But everytime i hit the "MODE" switch, ll the scribble strips go black and nothing else happens.

If i push the "MODE" switch again, it goes back to 8 presets.

I've done a global reset since, but this hasnt changed a thing.

I guess there is some setting i am missing and then it should work properly?

I would really appreciate if you could do a "step-by-step" explanation for dumb people like me^^

Or just tell me where the setting are that i'm missing...

Thanks a lot!

I pretty much only use snapshots, so this might be wrong, but I suspect that you are actually toggling between Preset Mode and Stomp Mode. And since you have no Stomps set up for the current preset, the scribble strips are blank.

I can't download the Helix manual to check right now, but I recall that switching to and from snapshots might have involved pressing both Up/Down buttons simultaneously, rather than pressing the Mode button. Hopefully someone else can confirm/deny this.

• Upvote 1

Well i have 2 Snapshots on the preset i tried it with and as said, when i go to snapshot mode in the global settings, it works perfectly...

But thanks anyway!

23 minutes ago, kylotan said:

I pretty much only use snapshots, so this might be wrong, but I suspect that you are actually toggling between Preset Mode and Stomp Mode. And since you have no Stomps set up for the current preset, the scribble strips are blank.

I can't download the Helix manual to check right now, but I recall that switching to and from snapshots might have involved pressing both Up/Down buttons simultaneously, rather than pressing the Mode button. Hopefully someone else can confirm/deny this.

In your presets, have you assigned any of your FX blocks to footswitches? Elaborating on what was said above, these assignments appear in the scribble strips in Stomp mode (the Mode switch toggles between Preset mode and Stomp mode). If there are no assignments the scribble strips in Stomp mode will appear blank as you describe.

What exactly are you expecting to see when you hit the MODE switch and see the blank/black scribble strips?

Also as noted above you can define (in Global Settings) what happens when you press both the up/down switches together. Set this to Snapshots and you will be able to use this method to get a momentary flashing display of all Snapshots in the preset. Select one to activate that Snapshot and the display returns to the current Mode (preset or Stomp).

3 minutes ago, silverhead said:

In your presets, have you assigned any of your FX blocks to footswitches? These assignments appear in the scribble strips in Stomp mode (the Mode switch toggles between Preset mode and Stomp mode as noted above). If there are no assignments the scribble strips in Stomp mode will appear blank as you describe.

What exactly are you expecting to see when you hit the MODE switch and see the blank/black scribble strips?

ooooh, okay i get what you mean...

So the mode switch goes to STOMP mode, not Snapshot mode?

And since i gues thats a yes, can i change that? Or is there a fast (on the fly) way to change between preset and SNAPSHOT mode?

9 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I edited my earlier reply after you responded. Check it again for more info. I think you want to use Global Settings to define the behaviour when you press both the Up and Down switches simultaneously.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That solves all my problems immediately! (as soon as i find that setting)

But i guess it wont be too hard to find.

Thanks again!

Pressing two buttons to open the snapshot mode is easy.... but I prefer to go a different route. 

I change my preset mode to "8 snapshots".... now the mode toggles between snapshots and stomp mode. 

When I need a new preset, I simply step on either the "up or down" button and that opens the presets screen/scribbles until I choose one. 

I change presets much less frequently than snaps or stomps... that is why this method works well for me. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1