Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Attempting to find HX Edit for Mac OS 10.9.5

sicular

On 1/7/2020 at 1:31 AM, sicular said:

Just purchased a HX Stomp unit and was wanting to download HX Edit. I see that the available version is for Mac OS 10.10. How can I get an older version?Thanks!

Hi sicular,

I’m not sure why, but you appear to be confused about this. HX Edit will work on your Mavericks system, it’s backwardly compatible.

HX Edit is tied to the Line 6 Firmware revision number, therefore if you install FW v2.82, then the HX Edit version must be the same number i.e. 2.82

When you check the compatible OS list for Mac, the first one is Mac OS X, the others are subsequent updates to the Mac operating systems.

Quote:

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Yosemite, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina

Hope this helps/makes sense.

4 hours ago, sicular said:

@datacommando - Don't think I'm confused... I downloaded both v 2.82 and 2.7 and neither will install. I get an error message stating I need Mac OS 10.10 for either version to be installed.

O.K. Maybe it’s me that’s confused, but the simplest solution would be to update your Mac OS.

I found this thread re your issue - check it for clues:

1 hour ago, sicular said:

Unfortunately, updating my OS is not a simple solution. I really need to find the last version of HX Edit that works with 10.9.5.

I appreciate the link but most of the respondents said to update the OS - not an option for me.

Thanks!

That simply doesn't exists for the HX STOMP.

The last compatible version (for Helix) with Maverick was Version 2.21- Released 5/2/17

But the HX Stomp started to be supported from Version 2.70 - Released 10/17/18

So you absolutely need to update your OS at least to Yosemite (10.10).

This OS X version allows you to install every HX Edit version released so far (Version 2.82 - Released 9/26/19)

3 hours ago, sicular said:

update the OS - not an option for me.

Uh! That defeats the object of having a state of the art modern guitar processor.

Updates for Mac OSX are free, unless of course your Mac is so old that it cannot be updated beyond your present version. If that’s the case you really need to buy another computer that can speak to your HX Stomp.

I hate to say this but you really should have checked the minimum OS requirements before buying into the hardware unit. Maybe the place you bought it will give you a refund.

• 2 years later...

@sicular I know I’m a couple years late to this particular party, but I just wanted to express my surprise and disappointment at how you were treated here. Your question made perfect sense. It is somewhat unfortunate that the oldest version of OS X compatible with the HX Stomp is 10.10, but why people felt the need to berate you is beyond me. I hope you’ve since been able to get the HX Stomp working to your liking, even without the software, or that you’ve found a suitable replacement over the last couple years.

On 3/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, McHobbes said:

disappointment at how you were treated here

Hmm… First post - and maybe, a little controversial to state “how you were treated”.

The replies given were to assist not berate, and ultimately point out the truth, that HX Edit is quite simply not available for the stated operating system. No one here can be responsible for the fact that the OP decided to invest in hardware that was incompatible with his computer system, Mavericks 10.9.5, which FYI had it’s final security upgrade in July 2016 - three years on from it’s original release.

Take into account the HX Stomp was released in November 2018 with a list price of $839/£558, and the OP mentions buying the HX in January 2020, (possibly not new?). Surely you are familiar with the term “caveat emptor”. A little research never goes amiss, and the hardware he purchased is not rendered totally useless by not having a software editor/librarian, it just makes life more difficult that it should be. Even now there are pre-owned/refurbished iMac desktop models on Fleabay for similar prices to pre-owned Stomps.

Welcome to the Helix forum, we do try to help, and hopefully this doesn’t disappoint you too much - it’s a lot less savage than TGP.