Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

300 or 500?

I’m sorry to ask, I’m having difficulty getting a definitive answer from google searches, but on the evidence of this image, is anyone from the community here able to identify if I have a 300 or 500 model? 
Or from the serial number, can I identify it?

I’ve had a red Variax before, it had the 6 in line headstock, but had the larger a/b switching box with xlr, but was identified as a 300. 

But my current one has the small black plastic box. But a lovely neck, nicer than the red one.

Anyway, sorry if this question has been asked many times before, but would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

John 

02A67E37-FFB8-45F1-8FC5-11C8BFBB124F.jpeg

Thanks @silverhead 

I assumed it was. Unfortunately when I did google, it had some images of the 3+3 headstock as 300’s, hence my confusion. 

I was also hesitant due to the connecting power supply, as again some 300’s appeared to have the switching box and some the smaller plastic one like mine. 
But I guess the power “box” isn’t the identifier. 

Appreciate your help. Thanks again.

John