Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Take feet off HX FX

loydall

Hi - I want to attach my HX FX to my pedal board - using velcro. I've not found a definitive answer as to whether the screws of the feet on HX FX need to go back in if the feet are removed?

I can't see those little screws attaching to anything crucial/structural in the HXFX - surely internals would be connected/mounted internally? 

Any ideas?

I would not replace the screws after the feet are removed just in case the extra length of the screws inside the chassis might contact something and cause a short circuit. Instead I would cover the screw hole with a tiny bit of tape to prevent dust from getting in and then velcro to your pedal board.

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

I would not replace the screws after the feet are removed just in case the extra length of the screws inside the chassis might contact something and cause a short circuit. Instead I would cover the screw hole with a tiny bit of tape to prevent dust from getting in and then velcro to your pedal board.

Thanks - yes, this makes sense.