Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Low output into Reaper

matonanjin

Recording into Reaper the waveform in the track from my POD HD 500X is almost flat.  It sounds acceptable.  But if I want to do any editing or such the visual waveform makes it difficult.  Posting on the Reaper forum a guy suggested there my be some settings in the POD that attenuates the signal out.  Is there such settings?   I have the Master and the Volume both up fairly high.

Anyone else have any suggestions on getting the output higher?

With the POD connected to your computer open the Line 6 Audio-MIDI Devices driver control panel and make sure the Record Send level is at maximum level..

if still necessary tick the +18 dB box..

(Personally when I do recordings with my HD500 I often raise the amp model volume (not to be confused with the amp model master volume parameter) and/or the mixer block faders quite a bit)

The device master volume physical knob setting doesn't affect at all the recording signal level through USB.

iuVmoEG.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

2 hours ago, matonanjin said:

How did you get to that window?  Are you on Windows or Apple?

Windows here.

You can find that control panel listed between the Line6 programs in the start menu, or if the POD is set as the recording audio interface you can open the asio driver in your DAW.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

2 hours ago, matonanjin said:

@Triryche and @hurghanico thank you.  I found it via the "Start" menu.  It was already "maxed" in the "Record Send" level.  I clicked the +18 option but have not tried it yet with recording.  I will.

Thanks again to you both.

You're welcome..

before even ticking the +18 dB (it's a big signal boost) option, do not forget to try to adjust the amp model volume and/or the the mixer block faders which are the most suitable/standard controls for setting the level of the signal passing through the USB

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips