Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi not connecting to Bluetooth turntable

WillieSwyer

I have Amplifi 150 and have used it successfully with my Taylor T5 and in general with my iPhone 7 and iPad. I recently bought a Professional Victrola turntable which has a Bluetooth capability. It will connect to my Fugoo speaker however Amplifi won’t pair with it. Both pairing lights seem to be searching for one another but they just won’t connect. Both devices have a computer connection port. Is there a solution for this or am I reaching.

Thank in advance for your reply.

Willie Swyer

Your turntable is looking for a device that transmits/receives audio over Bluetooth. The Amplifi does not do that. It uses Bluetooth to transmit/receive command and control data to the Line 6 app running on a mobile device. They will not pair.

26 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Your turntable is looking for a device that transmits/receives audio over Bluetooth. The Amplifi does not do that. It uses Bluetooth to transmit/receive command and control data to the Line 6 app running on a mobile device. They will not pair.

The AMPLIFi will stream audio over Bluetooth from an iOS or Android device or a computer. I don't know if there's a way to get it to pair with a "dumb" Bluetooth transmitter, though.

7 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Sorry for any misinformation. Does the iOS or Android device need to be running the Line 6 app?

No. You can just select the AMPLIFi as a bluetooth device like you would anything else, and it will just act like a Bluetooth speaker. Back when I had the 150 (I gave mine away to a friend), I used mine as a speaker for parties a few times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...