Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Vs. M13

mpritch01

Hello all, 

I own a line 6 Firehawk fx and have been very frustrated lately. I have thought of trading in and going to a pedal board layout, but way to expensive. I play in a hard rock cover band and will be playing live soon. At practice I play out through a PA and XLR connection. It seems i am always having a problem with volume. A friend of mine said I should trade it in for an M13, because I would not have those issues playing live with a stombox  modular. I am thinking of listening to him as I have a Tube amp I could play through as the M13 does not have an out through and XLR. 

I could use help making a decision. Very mush appreciated on any feedback. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ciao mpritch01,in the beginning, I had problems with volume,but then I managed to level everything.

First of all, I adjusted the volume out of the firehawk,about like the volume of the guitar connected to the amplifier.Then I adjusted the guitar sounds in rhythmic mode and then I adjusted all the sounds for solos.

I use it this way,in each bank I use two presets, for each song, approximately,for example A for rhythm and B for solo (one song), C for rhythm and D for solo (next song).

Some songs require 3 sounds, A rhythm 1, B rhythm 2 and C solo,once schematized like this,it's easy to feel the differences between all the rhythms or solos.

Good luck and sorry for my bad english.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not sure if you already exchanged it, but the fix I've found for volume is that you manually have to go to each preset and adjust the volume, so the volume doesn't change drastically between each preset. Once I did this I began getting some really great performances, and have been able to gig with it with absolutely no problem, connected straight to PA.

I'd recommend to change the master or volume values in the amp, and I keep it really low so I can crank up the master FHFX volume to wherever I need it.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 6:40 PM, peanutismint said:

Just replying to say I’m a long time M13 user who doesn’t play live or even have an amp anymore and so I’m considering swapping mine for a Firehawk....! So if you’d be interested in a trade let me know! 

Hey bud I know it’s been a while but did you trade already?