Uriel1251

Helix tap tempo is not working correctly.

So A couple weeks ago I noticed my helix floor isn’t reading my taps correctly. To be specific; every time I’m playing a song, the first tap almost always jumps up to 240bpms. I have to give it a couple of taps to get it closer to what I’m playing it. I’ve read that the tap tempo on the helix isn’t the best. However it wasn’t this bad when I first got it. Please help. The tuner seems to work fine. 

8 hours ago, Uriel1251 said:

To be specific; every time I’m playing a song, the first tap almost always jumps up to 240bpms. I have to give it a couple of taps to get it closer to what I’m playing it.

Tap tempo always requires at least 2 taps define a tempo.  FWIW.. if I tap twice to define a tempo it is never as accurate as if I tap 4 - 6 times. That's not because the unit is screwing up... it's because I am keeping better time the more I tap my foot :)

As for 240bpms (beats per milli second)... that can't be right. I'm sure you just mean bpm (beats per minute)

Even then... I have never seen this with a single click of my tap button. Speculation... maybe a single tap defaults to the tempo of the preset.... do you have the preset tempo set to 240bpm?

I'm not positive, as I rarely use Tap Tempo, but from messing around with it a bit just now, it seems that 120 is the factory default. If you reset that in Globals, that becomes the new default (Global) Tempo. If you SAVE a preset with a different Tempo, that preset retains that Tempo, but switching to a different preset without a SAVED Tempo defaults to the Tempo in Global Settings. The first Tap always shows the SAVED preset Tempo, or the Global Tempo if the preset hasn't been saved with a different Tempo. It takes multiple taps to establish a new Tempo. Maybe, at some point, OP changed the Global Setting to 240?

• Like 1