Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

iOS 13.3 does not recognise hx stomp via Apple adapter

Hhuent

Whatever I tried:

My iPad Pro (9,7“) AND my iPhone 8 Plus both were upgraded to IOS 13.3 and do not recognise the hx stomp’s USB out. I can’t choose no midi in, no audio in. 
I use the original Apple Lightning to usb 3.0 adapter (camera connection kit) which also features the lightning IN for power. Also tried different usb cables. The hx stomp Firmware is 2.82.

Strangely enough, when I plug in the adapter to iphone or iPad and there is no device connected, an error message turns up: accessory cannot be used, usb 2.0 hub, not enough power or similar. But even when I power the adapter, it does not see the hx stomp. I bought the adapter some weeks ago at Amazon.

I called the apple support, but they could not help.

Anybody else had this? Does your setup work with IOS 13.3?

You bought it at Amazon... I have to ask... is it a genuine Apple Adapter? The error you get when no device is connected is odd... that's why I am asking. 

Can you get the adapter to work with any other device? 

The Helix is suppose to be class compliant with Mac so it should work. BUT - I don't think IOS is officially supported by Line 6. 

I have a Helix... an iPad & a USB3 Camera Adapter. If I can find the time I will see if I can get the Helix working as an audio interface, but I'm not sure it will be for a few days. 

@Codamedia: thanks for your response. Yeah, the adapter was sold as an original Apple. Paid 45 Euros for it.

It worked, can’t remember which Firmware I had then, but since upgrading to 13.3 it does no more. I am keen to know what you come up with. thanks!

Thanks indeed, Ed!

yesterday I received the adapter from Apple directly. Guess what: works like a charm!

The Apple adapter from Amazon (bought 12/2019) is sold as Apple device, looks the same but does not work the same.

now what does that tell me...?

exactly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hhuent said:

Thanks indeed, Ed!

yesterday I received the adapter from Apple directly. Guess what: works like a charm!

The Apple adapter from Amazon (bought 12/2019) is sold as Apple device, looks the same but does not work the same.

now what does that tell me...?

exactly!

I question anything I am buying from Amazon unless it comes from a reputable seller. I find Amazon itself (eg: when fulfilled by Amazon) to be generally safe, but those little bargain shops can be very unscrupulous. That was why my first question was "is it a genuine Apple Adapter?"

Glad to hear it's all working for you now.