Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp power supply

uptheirons726

So I have a little board I built. It contains a Polytune Mini 3, Dunlop Crybaby 95Q wah, the HX Stomp, and an ISP Decimate noise gate. With room for another pedal or two. I'm trying to get together a list of power supplies that will work with the Stomp as well as the other pedals on the board. So far all I know that works is a 1Spot Pro CS6. What other power supplies will work? Any of the Voodoo Lab stuff? Maybe the MXR DC Brick? What are you guys using to power your boards with a Stomp on it?

What you need to know is that the HX Stomp draws about 900mA at 9V.  With the right cables you can make it work with most power supplies.  I use a CIOKS DC7.  The outputs are 600mA each so I use a doubling cable and a cable that converts the right size for the stomp.  The CIOKS website has plenty of information on this.

I have found this to be a great power supply.  I also used an MXR ISO Block before using the 800mA output. Although perhaps not ideal, I have heard that most power supplies under rate the capacity.  So a 500mA may actually provide closer to 600mA.  But every manufacturer is different.  

Good luck.