Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quickest Route from Code Names to Real Names?

Murp0560

Hi All,

Trying to find this post but not sure where it is. I'm looking to identify the fastest and quickest method of changing all the names of modeled items in the Line 6 Helix from their "AKA" names (legal branding and license avoidance I'm sure) over to their actual real names (for my own personal uses/purpose) via a friendly user's customization?

Is there something that I can use in Helix Edit? Thanks!

Almost everything is editable with the right tools. (Even the human DNA)

You need a text editor that allows write to files that require authentication.

Using OSX (no idea about Windoze, sorry):

/Applications/Line6/HX Edit.app/Contents/Resources

There you'll found a lot of.... well, resources.

In my first attempt I have been able to change the system fonts size of HX Edit, as a simple example:

/Resources/librarian.xml

<text>
		<label>PRESETS</label>
		<font name="Avenir Next Condensed Demi Bold" size="13"/>
		<align horz="center" vert="middle"/>
		<text_color>0xFFB3B3B3</text_color>
</text>

Let's change the "Presets" label size from "13" to a bigger size (23), then save the file (with file authentication, then providing your System Admin Password):

Look attached screenshot.

Since you want to change Amps names, search for amp.models file. (this one is probably JSON)

The changes affects HX Edit only, not the Helix internals, but it's cool anyway.

(Always hated the small fonts/Icons sizes they used. I think I may end making a custom HX Edit for me, too!)

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.04.34.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ed_Saxman said:

Since you want to change Amps names, search for amp.models file. (this one is probably JSON)

The changes affects HX Edit only, not the Helix internals, but it's cool anyway.

Two warnings with this...

1. ALWAYS backup the file before altering it or you might find yourself needing to re-install the software. 
  2. Do not change the "symbolicID" values on these pages. 

WARNING: For those wanting to do this just know that you will have to redo it every time a new version of HX Edit comes out. Since it takes such a long time to do it, you may not think it's worth it. There's a new version of HX Edit in the gate right now. I remember doing this for the POD HD 500. By the way I'm currently attempting this and I'm pretty sure it won't create issues with exchanging patches with people as I pondered in my previous post.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:08 AM, Ed_Saxman said:

(Always hated the small fonts/Icons sizes they used. I think I may end making a custom HX Edit for me, too!)

So I tried this and the model names remained the same in HX Edit. Here's an example of what I did. The ONLY thing I changed was the name

[
  {
    "symbolicID" : "HD2_AmpGermanMahadeva",
    "name" : "Bogner Shiva",
    "category" : 1,
    "cablink" : "HD2_Cab1x12Lead80",
    "load": 28.27,
    "params" : [
      {

Do I need to change something else?