Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 1.82 Evaluation freezes UI: "not responding"

aeleus

I recently installed the 15-day trial of Helix Native 1.82. It was working just fine with both Reaper v6.02 (x64) and Tracktion 7.2.1 (x64) for a couple of days.

Now, if I try to bring up the Helix UI under either Reaper or Tracktion, the UI for the DAWs simply stop working and display "not responding" in the window title. Helix Native is still working. Projects previously created that use Helix still work and Helix is processing the signal. It's just when I try to bring up the UI for the Native plugin or try to add Helix to a new track that the UI becomes unresponsive.

I suspect that Helix Native is trying to bring up the authorization/trial screen and failing to do so for some reason.

I tried reinstalling Helix Native with no change in behavior.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

After not working for a week and with only 2 days left in the trial, Native started working again?! I clicked on the plugin in Reaper and was prompted for a password. Now it works as if nothing happened. I tried it in Tracktion, and the Native plugin opened up with no problem.

I did install the most recent Windows 10 updates, but that was several days ago. I tried using Native without luck after that.

Kind of made for a less than optimal trial experience. :-(