Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PERFECT EFFECT CHAIN/PEDAL ORDER FOR USING PODHD 500 LIVE

USERLINE62K19

HELLO EVERYONE,

I m new to the Line 6 Equipment therefore i m totally reliable on you tube and on the friends at the LINE  SUPPORT for my tones..  Although it has been a couple of months since it got it (POD HD 500) and also used it live but i m not able to get that Crunch on my gain effect and the Cleans in my chorus effect. So kindly requesting to provide me with a perfect signal chain/Pedal order where i can get my Cleans n Gains perfectly on stage. Also to mention presently I m using the following chain. Comp=>Drive=>Reverb=>Volume Pedal=>Chorus=>Wah (for louder cleans)=> Delay=>Mod(PHASER)=>Amp(disabled)=>Mixer

Thanks in advance

Based on typical usage but also on the fact that you are supposedly using the POD only for FX (no amp modeling) connected to the front panel input of your amp (ie not using the 4 cable method, or not connecting the device directly to the amp RETURN input), I would suggest to change your chain as follows:

Wah=>Comp=>Drive=>Chorus=>Mod(PHASER)=>Volume Pedal=>Delay=>Reverb (optional or very little)=>Amp(disabled)=>Mixer

Very often (but not always) Wah needs to be the first FX in the chain, and time based FXs need to be the last ones..

In a live scenario a Reverb FX is not really needed much (it could easily mess everything), unless you're playing in an acoustically dead reflection free room (with no natural enviroment reverb), however to get a more full bodied tone a short reverb could be still useful.

IMO what could be more optional in the above suggested chain is where to put the mod FXs, ie if before or after the distortion stage (it depends on your preferences).

Regarding the Volume block placement for me there are 2 main different uses/placements for it:

1) - first in the chain, ie as a sort of guitar volume knob substitute, ie to change the guitar signal volume and therefore also to change how hard your are pushing the following FXs in the chain, ie to modulate their response/distortion.

2) - last in the chain to control only the chain final signal volume, in any case I prefer to put it always before the time based FXs not to cut abruptly their tail when I turn it down.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Thanks 1