Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp

omairangel

Hi, I have 2 problems:

I own the HX Stomp, and I am absolutely loving it, but I have a couples of issues with it.

Problem 1:

I have a Spider V 30 Watt amp and I would like to hear the sounds from the HX Stomp Box to go into my Spider V amp.  I have everything hooked up, running a guitar cable from my guitar to the Stomp Box, and then I got another guitar cable going from the Stomp Box the Spider V.  But when I start playing all I am hearing are the presets from the Spider V.  I don’t have the Spider V software on, so is there a way I bypass the sounds of the Spider V and just hear the sounds from the Stomp?  Any advice would help. Thank you.

Now Problem 2:

I have the stomp box on my desk, I don’t want to put it on the floor, so is there a way I can hook up some kind of a foot switch to it so that I switch between presets, or to switch to different snap shots?   Say I was playing a song, where one part of song has a chorus drive on it, but then other part of the song I want to add overdrive and switch back and forth the Chorus and Drive?   Is there a way to do this?

Thank you very much.

Regards, Angel Martinez

Problem 1 solution:

If you're running a 1/4" cable from Stomp into the guitar input on the front of the amp, that's not gonna get the job done.  You will need to use the 1/8" Aux input on the back of your Spider V 30.  You will obviously need a 1/4" to 1/8" cable for this which are easily available on Amazon. 

As a side note, after you turn on your Spider and it's fully booted up, turn down the volume controlling the modeled amp and use the master volume to add any additional volume. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just plug your guitar into the same jack you'd use as if you were using your stomp normally.  Take your new cable, plug one end of it in the 1/4" out on the stop and then plug the 1/8" into the Aux on the back of your Spider V.  Hope this helps.

Yes but where, there is output Mono right on the back of the stomp, I already have the 1/8" jack in the back of the spider, but where on the stomp do I plug in the new cable?  There are so many ports and it is not working, there is the Send Stereo and return the Aux in on the side of the stomp.  Then there the input output ports on the back. Thanks.  Thanks...

The 1/8" end that's already connected to the aux on your Spider, plug the 1/4" end into Output --> L/mono.  Your guitar plugs into Input --> L/mono.  These outputs are on the back of the unit, the same place where you plug in the power.  Ignore the Send and Return inputs on the side.

Alternatively there is, in my opinion, in "easier" way simply because the cable is more common. 

Edit: I realize you said you don't have the Spider V software, but that's available free online as a download. Alternatively, it looks like factory presets 32a - 32d were left blank. If they are truly blank, those should work. 

With the PC editor you can go into the Spider V and disable all effects and amps essentially creating a "blank" chain. Save this to a preset (in my 20 watt I saved it to the "bass" preset). Doing this basically puts the amp into flat response mode.

You can then plug your guitar into your Stomp, and your Stomp's output directly into the guitar in of the Spider 5 without any problem. 

Doing it this way opens up other possibilities too, such as plugging an MP3 player into the auxiliary in on the Spider V.