Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go FAQ

Digital_Igloo

21 hours ago, MalcolmPaterson said:

Digital Igloo, can the POD Go toggle between two values of one or more parameters as well as toggle one or more blocks on and off?

2 hours ago, chasingMango said:

It utilizes snapshots, so yes.

Thanks chasingMango.  I should have specified that I meant in Stompbox mode.  Do you know if it can do that?

49 minutes ago, MalcolmPaterson said:

Thanks chasingMango.  I should have specified that I meant in Stompbox mode.  Do you know if it can do that?

I guess I don't understand... the scenario you are describing is exactly what snapshot mode is.  What's the reason for wanting to be in stompbox mode?

6 minutes ago, chasingMango said:

I guess I don't understand... the scenario you are describing is exactly what snapshot mode is.  What's the reason for wanting to be in stompbox mode?

For 90% of what I play I want the footswitches to do the following in any combination.  This would cover almost my entire set list in one preset.

1. Change amp settings between clean and overdrive

2. Volume boost after amp

3. Flanger on/off

4. Delay on/off

5. Boost volume of delay repeats

6. Extra modulation/pitch effect

Expression pedal: Adjust Reverb mix and Decay time simultaneously

External compressor in front of the POD

There are too many combinations for a few snapshots to cover.

14 minutes ago, MalcolmPaterson said:

For 90% of what I play I want the footswitches to do the following in any combination.  This would cover almost my entire set list in one preset.

1. Change amp settings between clean and overdrive

2. Volume boost after amp

3. Flanger on/off

4. Delay on/off

5. Boost volume of delay repeats

6. Extra modulation/pitch effect

Expression pedal: Adjust Reverb mix and Decay time simultaneously

External compressor in front of the POD

There are too many combinations for a few snapshots to cover.

Understood... You can create a preset for every conceivable sound/configuration you want, the downside will be getting a momentary muting while switching presets and you'll lose any reverb/delay trails.

Good day. My first post here. I've never used a Line 6 gear but really interested in the Pod Go. Please pardon my ignorance on how the HX works.

On my GT-100 I have 4 switches to switch patches and 3 more switches to modify things within a patch (so effectively 3 snapshots(?) in Line 6 term). It seems you have to press bank up/down to switch between preset view and snapshot view. Am I correct? The way I do it on GT is using the presets when I need to change sounds completely (i.e clean to distortion) and the "snapshots" when I need to do minor change like activating boost, modulation, etc. and I don't have to switch between them because both modes are always available. Wondering if I can still do this on the Pod Go? Not a dealbreaker but still very nice to have.

Also does it have whammy? And if it does, can you assign it to the expression pedal? The pedal label only says wah or volume though the web page does mention you can change effect parameters so I'm not sure :/

31 minutes ago, Guitarsarang said:

input is only one right?

i have tom anderson crowdster plus 2.. i was hoping i can have y cable to split the signal.. 

I know i can do it at HX 500 or Helix. but don't know about POD Go..

One input is correct. However, you might could cheat a little bit and run the piezo into the FX Return and use that as an input to bypass the GTR input...It's doable. Those things look to have a nice preamp, so I suspect it could work decently. 

1 hour ago, spaceatl said:

One input is correct. However, you might could cheat a little bit and run the piezo into the FX Return and use that as an input to bypass the GTR input...It's doable. Those things look to have a nice preamp, so I suspect it could work decently. 

Spaceatl, thanks!! FX. return.. i didn't thought of it.. 

can't wait to get my hands on it.!

On 1/26/2020 at 1:28 PM, yggorus said:

Hi Line6 guys. Straight one - are you plan also to have a "bean" version of this unit? GO looks great, but even greater would have all the same sounds and DSP in even smaller package.

What you’re looking for already exists. It’s called HX Stomp. 

Have preordered mine, but now have a form-factor question. It looks like the bottom may not be totally flat (seems like there are little legs/feet?), so is there enough flat surface on the bottom to allow this to be affixed to a pedal board?

Hope so, but the picture attached gave me doubts...

preview.jpg

10 hours ago, Ethos_0820 said:

Is there a Pod Go Model List or Present List available anywhere online?

I really want to see the goodies...

It has all the same amps, cabs and effects as the Helix/HX devices with the following exceptions (copied from here).

• The three effects with the biggest DSP hit were omitted (Tone Sovereign, Clawthorn Drive, Cosmos Echo)
  • This likely means that any future models that are similar size or larger (like polyshifters) will also be omitted
  • NEW: The Distortion > Carvin Legacy model in 2.90 is also too big to fit
  • Distortions, pitch/synth, and dynamics blocks are mono only
  • All other effects are stereo only
  • Delay time is cut in half (2s stereo vs. Helix/HX's 8s mono/4s stereo)
  • Looper time is less (80s mono/40s stereo at 1/2-speed vs. Helix/HX's 120s mono/60s stereo)

If you want to see the list of modeled amp, cabs and effects, the Helix Native manual has the most up-to-date lists: https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f1642f5d8d432755547/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot's Guide - English .pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevell99 said:

Have preordered mine, but now have a form-factor question. It looks like the bottom may not be totally flat (seems like there are little legs/feet?), so is there enough flat surface on the bottom to allow this to be affixed to a pedal board?

Hope so, but the picture attached gave me doubts...

preview.jpg

The bottom is flat. It's a molded polycarbonate piece that's articulated. There's probably enough flat surface as the front and back that you could affix velcro or dual lock to it, though. I'm not positive, but I think it's possible to remove the rubber feet.

png

Last night I was surfing the web and I discovered several major retailers had various shipping dates for the Line 6 Pod Go earlier than the April date that Line 6 posted.  One was as early as Feb. 15th and two had March 31st shipping dates.  Also saw several sellers on reverb.com selling Pod Go with dates earlier than April.  Don't know if these dates are valid or dealers are just trying to one up each other to get pre-sale orders.  I'm taking all this with a grain of salt for now until I see something official from Line 6.

32 minutes ago, marhil said:

Last night I was surfing the web and I discovered several major retailers had various shipping dates for the Line 6 Pod Go earlier than the April date that Line 6 posted.  One was as early as Feb. 15th and two had March 31st shipping dates.  Also saw several sellers on reverb.com selling Pod Go with dates earlier than April.  Don't know if these dates are valid or dealers are just trying to one up each other to get pre-sale orders.  I'm taking all this with a grain of salt for now until I see something official from Line 6.

Those earlier dates are wrong. The first shipment is scheduled to go out in April. That is the official statement from Line 6, and it always has been. If anything, the original date may slip slightly depending if there are any complications with the whole Coronavirus thing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lazar0s said:

Can you list any retailers in Europe? The price here in one of the more reputable stores is 25% greater than the one sold in the States.

thomann.de has it listed for €419. That's on par with $449 in the US I think.

8 hours ago, lazar0s said:

Can you list any retailers in Europe? The price here in one of the more reputable stores is 25% greater than the one sold in the States.

Retailers in Europe are free to price however they want. Manufacturers have no control over pricing, as is the law. 

20 minutes ago, Guitarsarang said:

What's the weight of this unit?~

Dimensions/weight? Is it smaller than POD HD500X?
14.1”w x 9.1”d x 3.5”h; 5.2lbs
It’s way smaller and lighter than POD HD500X. Fits inside pretty much any backpack or carry-on.

16 hours ago, phil_m said:

Dimensions/weight? Is it smaller than POD HD500X?
14.1”w x 9.1”d x 3.5”h; 5.2lbs
It’s way smaller and lighter than POD HD500X. Fits inside pretty much any backpack or carry-on.

In light of this, gear4music in the Uk have a great atm on this pedalboard that'd be a perfect size, just ordered one myself: 

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gator-G-TOUR-PEDALBOARD-SM-Small-Pedal-Board-With-Case/XWU

Usually at least £150. The usable height is only listed at 3", vs the PodGo's 3.5", but I imagine the foam will compress at least a half inch?

2 hours ago, capdoogie said:

Why no XLR out?   If this is supposed to be the grab and go to your gig unit I hope you dont forget your 1/4 to xlr adapter cable to go to house PA.  C’mon Line 6 other companies have xlr out, on way smaller units. 

Refer to price tag, size, and existence of the Helix.

2 hours ago, capdoogie said:

Why no XLR out?   If this is supposed to be the grab and go to your gig unit I hope you dont forget your 1/4 to xlr adapter cable to go to house PA.  C’mon Line 6 other companies have xlr out, on way smaller units. 

You could use an adapter like that, but I suspect most people will just plug into a direct box. I've really never been to a venue that didn't have at least a few DIs sitting around.

1 hour ago, capdoogie said:

Simplifies the mono switching complexity and reduces cost I imagine....Besides, if forget your adapter, then you just use a DI and the unit sums mono without the need for a dummy plug.

Problem is most DI’s color your tone a little.  I thought the whole idea of this unit was to plug in to the pod go and your done. Now your saying pack an xtra Di box also.   I play out over 30 times a year and it’s hit or miss if the house has a Di box let alone a good one

Well, the fact is that the hardware configuration of the POD Go is not going to change at this point. It has no XLR Out. No amount of debate here is going to change that. You can add this request to Ideascale for a possible POD Go V2.

If an XLR Out is a strict requirement for you, then the POD Go is not for you. If you're willing to work around it you can.

8 minutes ago, capdoogie said:

Problem is most DI’s color your tone a little.  I thought the whole idea of this unit was to plug in to the pod go and your done. Now your saying pack an xtra Di box also.   I play out over 30 times a year and it’s hit or miss if the house has a Di box let alone a good one

Meh... It's not that big of a deal, imo. If it's a deal-breaker for you, then it is. It's not changing at this point. People have been plugging into DI boxes with modelers for years now. Even the little crappy Mexican restaurant I used to play at had a few DI boxes. Even places with minimal PAs have them because it's what people playing acoustic guitars typically use. Or you can get a couple TRS to XLR adapters and go that route if you want an actual balanced connection.

40 minutes ago, capdoogie said:

I would like to see the person(s) being able to reliably tell whether a DI box was used for whatever sound, especially in a live context and even more especially in case there's line level running into it. I guess we're talking about some number approaching zero. And as far as DI boxes supplied by the venue go, just buy yourself one. 20 bucks (or even less) and you're sorted.

17 minutes ago, czerpa said:

Will you be able to set (like Helix and Helix Lt) presets in one row and stomps in the other at the same time?Will you be able to set (like Helix and Helix Lt) presets in one row and stomps in the other at the same time?

I don't think that will be an option, at least not at launch. The POD Go has four fewer footswitches than the Helix and Helix LT, so it would make those mixed modes less useful overall, imo. To have two presets on one row and two stomps in another might not be all that helpful.

• phil_m pinned this topic