Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go FAQ

Digital_Igloo

On 2/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, kevell99 said:

Have preordered mine, but now have a form-factor question. It looks like the bottom may not be totally flat (seems like there are little legs/feet?), so is there enough flat surface on the bottom to allow this to be affixed to a pedal board?

Hope so, but the picture attached gave me doubts...

preview.jpg

On 2/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, kevell99 said:

Have preordered mine, but now have a form-factor question. It looks like the bottom may not be totally flat (seems like there are little legs/feet?), so is there enough flat surface on the bottom to allow this to be affixed to a pedal board?

Hope so, but the picture attached gave me doubts...

Another observation on the form-factor...I wonder why they chose to make the display completely parallel to the floor? Strictly for space-savings? Seems like if you aren't standing directly over it might be a bit hard to see or washed out, depending on the quality of the LCD screen and its viewing angle.

22 hours ago, capdoogie said:

But wouldn’t just been easier to have the pod go or hx stomp designed  with an xlr out. Other companies put xlr outs in much smaller units. Just sayn

Additional XLR outs require additional internal wiring, additional hardware and more space. Also, the connection plate of the POD Go is pretty crowded already, can't see how two XLR outs would fit there all too easily. Further, add XLR outs and rest assured people would be asking why there's no dedicated volume control for XLR and 1/4" outs, so an additional op amp would be needed. Etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevell99 said:

In his first-look video, Paul Hindmarsh said that 2 further footswitches can be added using a y-cable to the EXP2 - what can these be set to control? 

They act as FS7 and FS8 and can be set to control the same things as FS1-6. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, silverhead said:

They act as FS7 and FS8 and can be set to control the same things as FS1-6. 

fyi.... I got this info from the POD Go Cheat Sheet which is available in the Manuals section. It simply says that they operate as FS 7 and 8. Since it makes no other distinction I'm assuming it means exactly what it says - hence the same as 1-6.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a401768f5e1cad99573f1/application/pdf/POD GO CHEAT SHEET - English .pdf

21 minutes ago, silverhead said:

fyi.... I got this info from the POD Go Cheat Sheet which is available in the Manuals section. It simply says that they operate as FS 7 and 8. Since it makes no other distinction I'm assuming it means exactly what it says - hence the same as 1-6.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a401768f5e1cad99573f1/application/pdf/POD GO CHEAT SHEET - English .pdf

Interesting that it says there it can be a momentary FS - be cool if it could be a non-latching effect control. I have a TC Spark booster atm that I use for fills which is momentary, so an extra FS that could fulfill this would be ace. 

9 hours ago, jkuche said:

Why NOT put Helix dual DSP, with auto impedance, in this form factor?

Because it's a POD, not a Helix.

And because if they would do that, the next step would be asking "can we have capacitive switches, too, please?". Or "one more switch please!°. Or "I don't need the onboard pedal!".

Line 6 would end up with 8926 hardware iterations of the Helix.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, chasingMango said:

Understood... You can create a preset for every conceivable sound/configuration you want, the downside will be getting a momentary muting while switching presets and you'll lose any reverb/delay trails.

To go back to the snapshot/stompbox mode conversation...how easy is it to flip between the two modes?
I see that you can easily swap between stompbox and preset mode. What about snap and stomp? (or basically any combo of all three).

My use case is similar to MalcolmPaterson's. So between careful planning of when I use snapshots and stomp (for seamless) and changing patches (when that doesn't matter). Then I'd be good to go.

• phil_m pinned this topic

Hello,

Apologies in advance if this was addressed already.

After reading the recently released manual, I noticed that there are global output settings that include a global EQ setting at the end of the blocks chain at the output point just like the other hx and helix products. This brought me to wonder if there would be the option for users to change the pre-allocated blocks. I understand that we can move the positions/order of these blocks, but can we switch the block type themselves? For example, I would not need the pre-allocated EQ block because there is a global EQ setting at the end of the chain anyway for high and low passing for front of house (and the wah pedal, but I suppose that defeats the purpose of having a switch under the pedal (pitch shifter with a modulation block would be cool for a secondary pedal use but that might be a power user thing). Could I switch it out for a compressor pedal (dynamics block) instead, which I would use for all of my future presets too?

TLDR: Will users be able to change the starting blocks/pedals themselves (Dynamics instead of EQ), or will it be just the positions that are able to change (and if not perhaps could this be a potential future feature)?

Many thanks and great work!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Guitar_Mike1 said:

Is the release date for this still in April? I have to get it though Musicians Friend since I have credit with them. However,their site says it ships May 15th.

Why is the largest reseller shipping over a month behind everyone else?

Is it possible they already sold through their expected first (and maybe even second and third) shipment, and May 15th is the due date for the first units that are still available?

I also ordered from Musicians Friend back in February and noticed the ship date was changed to May 15th.  I called MF customer support and they told me the May 15th date was for new orders. Hoping my order is order is in the first batch/

On 3/31/2020 at 8:09 AM, bjolli83 said:

Is it possible they already sold through their expected first (and maybe even second and third) shipment, and May 15th is the due date for the first units that are still available?

On 3/31/2020 at 9:06 AM, marhil said:

I also ordered from Musicians Friend back in February and noticed the ship date was changed to May 15th.  I called MF customer support and they told me the May 15th date was for new orders. Hoping my order is order is in the first batch/

Odd, my last reply to you guys was rejected or delayed. Ill re-post...

I talked to MF as well, they have not received anything. With all the current job lose, I'm sure a large portion of the pre-sales will fall through. IMO, might be best for Line 6 to first ship to MF as their largest distributor since they are running a high risk of loosing a significant number of sales with the opposite approach. 

So I am kinda confused about this thing. Currently my rig is a digitech whammy, drop, tuner, and then hx stomp. For my band we use Rhythm, Clean, Lead, and Lofi along with whammy sections. Basically what I want to do is make the expression pedal a whammy pedal for the rhythm and lead patches, and on the lofi have the expression learn the flanger and use that. I also run a real cab so could I disable the cab in each patch? Id also have to bank up for the same patches but with pitch shift on them to reduce the amount of guitars live. I use the badonk amp for rhythm lead and lofi, and no amp for clean just fx. Any help is appreciated as I could sell my rig and really downsize.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, kevell99 said:

Has the UK release slipped now? Being told my preorder now won’t arrive until the end of May by Andertons (I preordered back in January) 

If so, might cancel and wait for the ahem... wireless one   *runs and hides*

On 4/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, kevell99 said:

If so, might cancel and wait for the ahem... wireless one   *runs and hides*

Yep, since the wireless one has been pictured in other forums, think I'll wait for it. Hurry up and announce it please lol

On 4/17/2020 at 9:02 AM, Guitarsarang said:

anyone who got the unit tell me the package (box) dimension size?.. 

i want to make travel ready pedal board.. and get it ready as my order comes in..

thanks.~

the box is a bit larger than the board. 12"x20"x6". I think you might want a pedalboard to be a bit more streamlined

PodGo fits in a conventional laptop backpack

PodGo1.JPG

PodGo2.JPG

On 4/22/2020 at 2:39 AM, kevell99 said:

Yep, since the wireless one has been pictured in other forums, think I'll wait for it. Hurry up and announce it please lol

Mmmm what do you exactly mean? A new POD GO?! It better has 8 or 9 FULLY editable fx blocks! :p

On 1/19/2020 at 10:48 AM, hkremer said:

This is interesting. I don’t quite understand the electronics, but your description makes sense.

On par, yes, but with half the DSP. For me the price is irrelevant. What I’m looking for is compact, which is why I looked at this in the first place. The Helix are too big (for me). So I’m waiting for compact/modern/high DSP. See the Neural Quad Cortex coming out next year. Quad SHARC in a small package. Of course it’s even more expensive than the Helix. If Line6 could do something like that I would be all over it. Currently I’m going HX EFX into a Bias head, and I’m happy with that. 

The DSP has absolutely nothing to do with the sound or usability of the product.

Does the HX EFX not sound good enough too you?  More DSP doesn't solve the sound problems, it would only allow more of the same quality of sounds.

They would have to re-write algorithms to get better sound, and therefore DSP isn't what you are looking for, but better algorithms.   And if you need more DSP because you want more simultaneous effects that what the HX EFX offers, then frankly you are doing something wrong.  

There are two concepts here and we tend to use  the term DSP to refer to both which can cause confusion. 

The first concept is DSP (Digital Signal Processing). The DSP in a device refers to the actual  algorithms that produce the output signal. The quality of the DSP is critical to the sound.

The second concept is DSP Capacity which is essentially the processing power of the device and its ability (or not) to handle powerful DSP. This is different from the DSP itself and is embedded in the machine architecture. When we say that the device is running out of DSP we typically mean DSP Capacity. The algorithms are still there.

Increasing DSP capacity will not by itself improve the sound quality. It might allow the device to support more powerful DSP but it won’t deliver better sound unless the DSP itself is improved.

The evolution of computing is a constant leapfrogging of better hardware and software, with an improvement in one enabling or demanding an improvement in the other.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Fjato said:

Please ! is it possible to connected a acoustic guitare with pod go ? Thank you so much !

Yes, it is possible to connect an acoustic guitar.  You would turn off all the amp/cab models and use it basically for whatever other effects you wanted (reverb, EQ, compression, etc. )

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, lpgh said:

Is it possible to rename (create a descriptive label for) Snapshots in the POD Go (as can be done with the Helix)?

As things stand now, no. Whether or not that's something that might change in the future, I don't know.

So as a complete novice, how does this work as an in home, get rid of all pedals tool. I.e. I connect this to guitar and... (amp/speakers) run amp completely clean and use this to model specific amps/pedal effects etc? Like fender mustang 25 > pod go > electric guitar? Speakers > pod go > acoustic?

thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

This would be an awesome buy for me. But. The 4 locked in effects is a little sad, This could be everything i want but for the fact I have to have a wah, volume and eq kinda feels restrictive. Will there be a future update that allows you to choose all 8 effects you want instead of just 4?

17 minutes ago, Nylander88 said:

This would be an awesome buy for me. But. The 4 locked in effects is a little sad, This could be everything i want but for the fact I have to have a wah, volume and eq kinda feels restrictive. Will there be a future update that allows you to choose all 8 effects you want instead of just 4?

I doubt that this will change in a future update but you never know. It’s all about DSP. The wah, volume, and EQ blocks are very low DSP consumers. All together their combined total of DSP would probably not allow you even a 5th flex block, let alone 8. 

• Upvote 1