Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix & Source Audio Ventris

toby49

Hi Guys 

I bought a Source Audio Ventris Reverb pedal. I love the different reverbs. I would like to control the 128 presets over Midi from Helix. I'm total new to Midi and don't understand much of it. I usually work with 8 Snapshots in helix. I would like to have different reverb settings and engines in each snapshots. Can some one explane me how do I have to set the midicontrols? I don't know how to excatly to program these, but I would like to have one standard reverb all the time and in some snapshots I would like to ad a special one. I mostly play modern worship music. 

thanks for your help! Sorry my english isn't the best I know. 

In Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo, set "MIDI PC SEND" to OFF. This prevents Helix from sending it's default PC# when you load a Preset.

In CommandCenter, assign "Instant Command 1 (IC1)" - the first lightning bolt - to the Ventris PC# (Program Changes/Presets) that you want to use for each Snapshot.

Read the Ventris manual. They may be numbered 0-127 or 1-128.

EDIT:

Helix is numbered 0-127.

When you load a Helix Preset, any and all commands assigned to ICs in the Snapshot that loads by default will automatically be sent.

By default, Helix and most MIDI devices communicate on either MIDI Channel 1 or ALL channels (OMNI). Helix communicates on MIDI Channel 1 (BASE) by default.

Set the Ventris to communicate on MIDI Channel 1 (unless you've changed the BASE channel in Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo).

This way, if you add other MIDI devices later, you can set them to different channels and specify which device you're sending commands to by being specific about it in Command Center. When setting commands in Command Center, BASE is the default MIDI Channel.

Leave Bank CC00/BankCC032 at their defaults. These are used to change BANKS in devices that have more than 128 presets.

Here's the tricky part:

Once you've assigned a PC# to an IC in a Snapshot, it will stay on the last called PC# until specifically changed by another Snapshot, then it'll stay there until changed again.

If Snapshot 1 IC1 is assigned to PC#5, and you switch to Snapshot 2, Ventris will stay on Preset #5 UNLESS you assign IC1 to a different PC# in Snapshot 2. If SS2/IC1 is assigned to PC#79, and you move from SS1 to SS2 and then to SS3, SS3 will still be using PC#79.So if you want all Snapshots to be PC#5 except SS3, assign IC1 to PC#5 in ALL Snapshots  EXCEPT SS3, and assign IC1 in Snapshot 3 to a different PC#.

Remember that the Helix Preset will load with the Snapshot that was active when the Preset was last SAVED.

If, in Global Settings>Preferences, you have Snapshot Edits set to Discard, don't forget to SAVE the Preset after each Snapshot Edit BEFORE moving to the next Snapshot. That said, check each Snapshot to be sure it does what you want.

Hope that all makes sense.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:21 AM, rd2rk said:

In Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo, set "MIDI PC SEND" to OFF. This prevents Helix from sending it's default PC# when you load a Preset.

In CommandCenter, assign "Instant Command 1 (IC1)" - the first lightning bolt - to the Ventris PC# (Program Changes/Presets) that you want to use for each Snapshot.

Read the Ventris manual. They may be numbered 0-127 or 1-128. Helix is numbered 1-128. 1 = 0, 128 = 127. 

When you load a Helix Preset, any and all commands assigned to ICs in the Snapshot that loads by default will automatically be sent.

By default, Helix and most MIDI devices communicate on either MIDI Channel 1 or ALL channels (OMNI). Helix communicates on MIDI Channel 1 (BASE) by default.

Set the Ventris to communicate on MIDI Channel 1 (unless you've changed the BASE channel in Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo).

This way, if you add other MIDI devices later, you can set them to different channels and specify which device you're sending commands to by being specific about it in Command Center. When setting commands in Command Center, BASE is the default MIDI Channel.

Leave Bank CC00/BankCC032 at their defaults. These are used to change BANKS in devices that have more than 128 presets.

Here's the tricky part:

Once you've assigned a PC# to an IC in a Snapshot, it will stay on the last called PC# until specifically changed by another Snapshot, then it'll stay there until changed again.

If Snapshot 1 IC1 is assigned to PC#5, and you switch to Snapshot 2, Ventris will stay on Preset #5 UNLESS you assign IC1 to a different PC# in Snapshot 2. If SS2/IC1 is assigned to PC#79, and you move from SS1 to SS2 and then to SS3, SS3 will still be using PC#79.So if you want all Snapshots to be PC#5 except SS3, assign IC1 to PC#5 in ALL Snapshots  EXCEPT SS3, and assign IC1 in Snapshot 3 to a different PC#.

Remember that the Helix Preset will load with the Snapshot that was active when the Preset was last SAVED.

If, in Global Settings>Preferences, you have Snapshot Edits set to Discard, don't forget to SAVE the Preset after each Snapshot Edit BEFORE moving to the next Snapshot. That said, check each Snapshot to be sure it does what you want.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thank you so much. After 10min everything is working well.