Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.9

ponsolle

8 hours ago, SaschaFranck said:

Yeah well, the fact that the piezos are mounted inside the bridge certainly doesn't help with authentic PU behaviour, either.

They’re mounted within each bridge saddle. If they were mounted inside the bridge you’d have a heck of a time separating each of the strings’ signals.  I’m  not even sure there’d be anywhere else you could put them but in the saddles. 

1 hour ago, hideout said:

They’re mounted within each bridge saddle. If they were mounted inside the bridge you’d have a heck of a time separating each of the strings’ signals.  I’m  not even sure there’d be anywhere else you could put them but in the saddles. 

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant, as in the saddles being a part of the bridge, whereas a GK pickup sits completely outside of the bridge. 

7 minutes ago, Bruce_W said:

I guess there is no set date for this update? They are just saying soon?

Yeah, they aren't going to say when....especially after the delayed 2.8 update.  They hinted at a date, the date came and went, and man did people get their panties in a wad.  Almost always, a software developer won't give out a release date, for obvious reasons.  Usually the answer you will get is, "When its done."  

2 hours ago, Bruce_W said:

I guess there is no set date for this update? They are just saying soon?

Never has been, and the smart money says there never will be. Chasing bugs takes forever... it's almost guaranteed to not be ready by any date they were to guess at in advance.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:53 PM, Lachdanan0121 said:

I am looking forward to this update. Just not the process. Lately my PC doesn't want to see my Helix through HX Edit, or L6 update. Though it works for ASIO in my DAW. 

So I will have to go through new usb cables, and bring someone else's laptop into the studio just to update the hardware. Hopefully the new HX EDIT won't be so damn finicky with USB. However, I am not calling on the community for help until I exhaust my troubleshooting on my own. 

I had this happen to me also V2.8.2.

Fixed it by deleting the helix driver from my laptop, then downloaded it again from Line 6 website and reinstalled...sorted.

Hope this helps.

Steve

2 hours ago, Steverudduk said:

I had this happen to me also V2.8.2.

Fixed it by deleting the helix driver from my laptop, then downloaded it again from Line 6 website and reinstalled...sorted.

Hope this helps.

Steve

This seems to be the thing, especially on Windows 8.1/7 computers that have been upgraded to 10. 

13 hours ago, AppleTreeChen said:

Does anyone know when we'll get it(V2.9)?

Well, I know they're not sitting around having a few beers, laughing at all of the angst of people waiting for it. It will be released the second it's ready. I feel your pain but it's the only answer.

57 minutes ago, BBD_123 said:

What is now?

As soon as you try to define it

Is becomes was.

Ponder awhile, oh my brothers...

While you wait  :-)

Kind of a restatement of the song. "Let's forget about tomorrow because tomorrow never comes". Pondered that decades ago. Came to the conclusion I just wasted a lot of time.

1 hour ago, BBD_123 said:

What is now?

As soon as you try to define it

Is becomes was.

Ponder awhile, oh my brothers...

While you wait  :-)

Lol. There has long been experimental evidence that the brain is capable of making decisions before you're consciously aware of said decision. So that seems to make the moment of a conscious thought, our perception of now, actually the past.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duncann said:

Lol. There has long been experimental evidence that the brain is capable of making decisions before you're consciously aware of said decision. So that seems to make the moment of a conscious thought, our perception of now, actually the past.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duncann said:

True, and there's more :-)

It takes a few hundredths of a second for sensory input to zip along the nerves to the brain. Even the most rapid sub-conscious reflex reactions are lagged.

To make sense of what we perceive we rely entirely on memories. Without remembered experience, we cannot understand what it is that we are experiencing. It would just be a jumble.

So there's a bit more processing lag while the brain matches up inputs with memories and assembles a thought called 'now'.

Fortunately, none of this affects the normal function of Helix platform devices.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BBD_123 said:

True, and there's more :-)

It takes a few hundredths of a second for sensory input to zip along the nerves to the brain. Even the most rapid sub-conscious reflex reactions are lagged.

To make sense of what we perceive we rely entirely on memories. Without remembered experience, we cannot understand what it is that we are experiencing. It would just be a jumble.

So there's a bit more processing lag while the brain matches up inputs with memories and assembles a thought called 'now'.

Fortunately, none of this affects the normal function of Helix platform devices.

That must be what's wrong with my brain. Too much latency.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smj7 said:

Has it been confirmed they’ll actually release 2.9? Wouldn’t it make more sense at this point to just wait a bit longer and release 3.0? 

Hm, I don't think it goes much more official than Eric Klein commenting on the feature set.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Smj7 said:

Has it been confirmed they’ll actually release 2.9? Wouldn’t it make more sense at this point to just wait a bit longer and release 3.0?  

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com

Openly advocating for an even longer delay between updates will not endear you to the "WHERE'S MY NEW STUFF?!?! WHERE'S MY NEW STUFF?!?!" folks who start and/or frequent these threads.

You're a brave man...;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

15 hours ago, Smj7 said:

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com

Actually, why release 3.0? They could just keep it to themselves, work with it for a while and release 4.0 to us next year with so much more!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce_W said:

Actually, why release 3.0? They could just keep it to themselves, work with it for a while and release 4.0 to us next year with so much more!

I was just looking to see when 2.8 came out and it was around July 18th?  I was just thinking whether 2.9 is delayed or not.... and since we know about 3.0 for the Stomp (or at least getting 8 blocks)... just thought if they’re delayed already why not just put it all out in one update?

But what do I know?  Carry on.

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones

3 minutes ago, Smj7 said:

I was just looking to see when 2.8 came out and it was around July 18th?  I was just thinking whether 2.9 is delayed or not.... and since we know about 3.0 for the Stomp (or at least getting 8 blocks)... just thought if they’re delayed already why not just put it all out in one update?

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones

For the latest updates on the updates, you need to be over at the Helix 2.9 thread on TGP (The Gear Page).

This forum is for us mushrooms.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smj7 said:

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones

Just joking around Sean, nothing serious. Nice playing on your site

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smj7 said:

I was just thinking whether 2.9 is delayed or not....

Not logical.

No release date for 2.9 has even been announced - therefore, it is impossible for it to be delayed until a date and time has been set and missed.

As noted above, you would be better off checking TGP or the FarceBuck Helix Family pages - this usually the last place to find ”firmware update” information.

• Like 1