Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP ‘pre’ output?

Mrjavierg

Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to read this and possible help out!

Currently running my HX Stomp to the FX Return on my amp. Which makes the volume know on the stomp affect the amp. How can I get another output (to send to front of house) that is UNaffected by such volume knob?

Assuming that you're using L/Mono Out into your amp, create a split at the end of your chain. That Out will be SEND L/R. Further assuming that, since you're going to a MONO return on your amp, you're NOT running any stereo effects, a simple TS cable connected to the SEND output will get what you're after. The drawbacks are that you'll need to sacrifice a block for the send, and because unlike the L/MONO Out, the SEND (I'm pretty sure) isn't balanced, you'll need a DI box to go to FOH.

Another thing you could try would be to set the Volume Knob to control PHONES only (Global Settings), use a TS from the Phones Out for your amp return, and use the Left/MONO out for FOH. If it works (could be a problem with level to the amp return) that would eliminate the drawbacks I noted in my previous post.