Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Backup issue

Fenderflame28

Hello my helical friends. I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I have. I've been running LT firmware 2.8.1 for quite a while thinking I'll backup to 2.9 when it comes out.

I was trying to find a preset that I wrote a few months ago but my band hasn't played in a while. Looking though my setlist I can't find it so I guess I removed it for something else. I thought the best way to get it back would be to connect to Hx edit and backup my entire Helix and then backup from an older backup from a few months ago, find the preset, export it, backup to today's backup and then install the individual preset to my setlist.

So that's what I did. All went well until I re-installed today's backup. All today's preset names are there in the right order but all the settings and stomps have changed in each preset and the presets themselves are not what I programmed. It's like it's pulled factory built presets in and labelled them as my presets.

Should I try a complete reset and then try putting today's backup in? 

Any other thoughts?

Thanks 

That's a new one on me. I know Helix is on 2.8.2. I'm also pretty sure you need to use the correct version of HX Edit with the correct version of Helix. Could you be using HX Edit 2.8.2 version with Helix version 2.8.1? That's all I can come up with right now.

Thanks Brue.

I set it running to update from 2.81 to 2.82 (my Helix Edit is 2.82) about four hours ago and it's still saying 'don't unplug or disconnect' but showing no signs of actually updating anything. 

Is this normal? Any L6 people able to offer me any suggestions? I'm going to need to switch it off or unplug eventually - which is the least harmful thing to do?

Helix 282.jpg

9 minutes ago, Fenderflame28 said:

Thanks Brue.

I set it running to update from 2.81 to 2.82 (my Helix Edit is 2.82) about four hours ago and it's still saying 'don't unplug or disconnect' but showing no signs of actually updating anything. 

Is this normal? Any L6 people able to offer me any suggestions? I'm going to need to switch it off or unplug eventually - which is the least harmful thing to do?

four hours are not normal.

What I would do:

Turn off the Helix and close all line6/audio software.

Start the Helix with FS6 and FS12 pressed (update mode)

Start the LINE 6 Updater.

if it still does not work, reinstall HX Edit (2.82) - When you get to the options section of the install, leave them all checked. And try again.