Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

300 w/ XTL

hello everybody!

my question: if I wanted to use a Variax 300 in conjunction with a Pod XT Live could I just plug the RJ45/ VDI jack nor should I also connect the 1/4" audio cable? I.e.: Can Variax 300 digitally generate tones through Pod XT Live without analog/ audio wiring? And can Pod XT Live control Variax in order to switch guitar models from one patch to another?

With the VDI connection you do not also need an analog output cable from the V300 and yes you can control V300 model selection from the XT Live preset. The VDI connection carries the audio and the command/control data as well as power for the V300).

On 1/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, silverhead said:

With the VDI connection you do not also need an analog output cable from the V300 and yes you can control V300 model selection from the XT Live preset. The VDI connection carries the audio and the command/control data as well as power for the V300).

thank you very much, @silverhead.

is what you wrote also valid for Variax models above 300?

The POD XT Live supports all Variax models up to, but excluding, the Variax JTV series. In other words the more recent Variax guitars (JTV, Standard, Shuriken) are not supported by the POD XT. While a POD XT and a Variax JTV combination is not supported some aspects of the VDI connection will work (e.g. power and audio). However, command and control data over VDI (e.g. Variax model selection in a preset) is spotty at best and other features (e.g. alternate tunings in a Variax JTV) are completely unsupported.