Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cubase LE Alternatives

I've tried to use the free Cubase Elements software that came with my Spider V, but it is way too complicated for me.  What easy to use multitrack recording software should I try instead?   I really liked GarageBand on my wife's 20 year old Apple Imac, but I don't know where she buried the old computer, and I do not know if there is a Spider V sound driver for the old IMAC G5.  (kind doubt it)

I'd like to be able to overdub no more than 10 tracks with mic, Spider V, and midi as the only inputs.  Effects are not needed.  I'm using a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm pretty sure many of the Cubase problems I've experienced are really Windows 10 problems, but simple software would be better.  Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Audacity is free and really intuitive; I started using that (also on Win10) but kept experiencing drop-outs in my recording. After spending a couple hours in Cubase LE, I really really wish Audacity worked - because you can productive with that in minutes.