Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Version 1.30.00 getting old.

IceMan54

Hi there Firehawk owners, now it's been 3 years since the software Version 1.30.00 was released.

Many things could be better on the amp, and I am getting tired of the invalid Token when searching for sounds in the app.

My question is if Line6 will be offering a new version or are they going to ignore this Amp.

Hoping for good and positive news ;-)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a dead/abandoned project imho. I have one, and I can't use it anymore as the iOS app it's totally bugged. I can't edit Variax params as it crash, and the app it's just very unstable, crashing randomly. 

I contacted L6 support, they said they know it's bugged, but they don't know when there'll be an upgrade.

As for the firmware, again, I think there'll be no changes as it's a pretty much abandoned device. If isn't Helix, everything else doesn't last that much at L6 these days.

Said that, I wish they stop doing devices with editing OS dependent, since that's creating an obsolete device as soon as the OS changes and makes the editing app obsolete and/or not running anymore. I'm sick of that honestly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/21/2020 at 9:57 AM, silverhead said:

Nobody here knows. Only Line 6 knows - and they won't tell.

Anything you hear here will be uninformed speculation. You can choose to believe it or not.

Pure speculation except the part about Line-6 not telling why their support of older products stinks, but we all know why. Theres no money in it.

Just remember this while looking at the new Catalyst amp line, and then ask yourself in around 2 years will you still have their support? Only Line-6 knows - and they wont tell.

2 hours ago, spikey said:

Pure speculation except the part about Line-6 not telling why their support of older products stinks, but we all know why. Theres no money in it.

Just remember this while looking at the new Catalyst amp line, and then ask yourself in around 2 years will you still have their support? Only Line-6 knows - and they wont tell.

You know they actually did update the Firehawk app since the time this thread was created… I guess you decided you diversify your crap-posting today…

8 hours ago, phil_m said:

You know they actually did update the Firehawk app since the time this thread was created… I guess you decided you diversify your crap-posting today…

And you must be shocked as I was. Yea in 2020. 2020!!! That is almost 2 years ago for those who cant remember! Where is the added amps, cabs, and effects for the 1500 Phil? In comparison, Fractal updates their AXE-FX III on average one a month. Every 30 days or so we get added goodies. OTOH, Its almost been "pre-pandimic" since an update to the 1500 from Line-6 happened Phil! Thats not crap-posting, thats another "we moved on". But you go ahead and dismiss this lack of support like you always do. 

2 hours ago, spikey said:

And you must be shocked as I was. Yea in 2020. 2020!!! That is almost 2 years ago for those who cant remember! Where is the added amps, cabs, and effects for the 1500 Phil? In comparison, Fractal updates their AXE-FX III on average one a month. Every 30 days or so we get added goodies. OTOH, Its almost been "pre-pandimic" since an update to the 1500 from Line-6 happened Phil! Thats not crap-posting, thats another "we moved on". But you go ahead and dismiss this lack of support like you always do. 

I don’t think additional features in the way of effects, amps or cabs were ever in the cards for the Firehawk. It was kind of a “best of” of the XT and HD modeling, and neither of those lines have had modeled added since 2015 (when the HD model packs were released). Not every product is going to get updates the way the Helix/HX line has. That shouldn’t be a shock to people.

I don’t suspect the Catalyst line is going to get updated nearly as much as the Helix has. I don’t know what’s planned with it, but I think people should temper their expectations for a $500 amp.

I hope for better things with Catalyst. I really do. Still doesn't explain why Cliff @ Fractal can roll out good content large updates like clockwork while others... I guess thats why only a few Dogs, Horses, Bikes, race drivers win races while the rest of us just wind up just going in circles. lol  ; ) 

https://i.imgur.com/FZATRKk.mp4

39 minutes ago, spikey said:

….. Still doesn't explain why Cliff @ Fractal can roll out good content large updates like clockwork while others...

I really don’t know much about Fractal. How many products do they have?

55 minutes ago, spikey said:

I hope for better things with Catalyst. I really do. Still doesn't explain why Cliff @ Fractal can roll out good content large updates like clockwork while others... I guess thats why only a few Dogs, Horses, Bikes, race drivers win races while the rest of us just wind up just going in circles. lol  ; ) 

https://i.imgur.com/FZATRKk.mp4

Fractal has supported one SKU for most of its existence, and when they had other floor products like the AX8 and FX8 that actually saw a lot fewer updates. The FM3 and FM9 haven’t received the nearly the same amount of updates the Axe FX III have either.

Cliff is constantly updating the Axe FX III because it’s a passion project that he has managed to monetize. And good for him. But it’s not realistic to expect that sort of update pace for most products. In fact, I’d wager that most people don’t want to update once a month or whatever.