Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple effects in the FX loop

jmedendorp

Hi,

I recently purchased a stomp.  The first thing I did was choose the most heavily distorted channel preset on the Stomp and one-by-one connect each of my external pedals before and after the stomp to hear the difference. Going through this process each pedal showed a noticeable difference in how it interacted with the Stomp.  So, given that, I arranged my pedals to give myself the most control with each one from clean to high gain.

I will say that the sounds, although usable, are noticeably diminished even in their best placement.  For most of them I can ignore this slight decrease in performance, but for the Flint, it really bothers me.  If I put it after the Stomp, it washes everything out and if I put it before, the sound is much more clear, but not nearly as crisp as it is on its own.  

Right now I am going: 

Sonic Research Tuner -> Warden (compression) -> Distortion/Overdrive -> Flint -> Stomp -> Synth9 -> Enzo -> Ottobit -> Grand Orbiter -> Avalanche Run -> Ditto Stereo looper -> J48 Radial DI -> Interface

WeChat Image_20200122093007.jpg

10 hours ago, jmedendorp said:

The first thing I did was choose the most heavily distorted channel preset on the Stomp and one-by-one connect each of my external pedals before and after the stomp to hear the difference.

So you took a heavily distorted preset from the Stomp and you are adjusting all your pedals to that? I wouldn't expect that to sound very good... no matter what I tried!

IMO, that is completely backwards to how I would try and work the stomp into an existing pedal board. If you like the stuff you have.... integrate the stomp as an additional piece, not as the center piece... and certainly not as a center piece using a stock preset!

• Upvote 1