Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Fbv Mk2 Express Pedal And Switching Tones

Tonka33

Let's say I am playing a song like cemetery gates with a clean tone and driven tone. Will amplifi match both and will I be able to switch tones as I jam to the track? Will I have to save both of those to my ABCD presets on the amp or can I save them from app and switch with the pedal? I read that the pedal will not work will app is running? Would that mean I can't stream music with the app and switch tones with the pedal?

Thanks

That's a really good question.

Amplifi app matches I think on at least song name (and probably more). So I just tried it with 'Metallica - Nothing else matters' and of the 4 tones found, one was clean. So it would seem Amplifi app will bring back various relevant tone results - but I'm not clear on whether it's smart enough to select some clean and dirty if the 2 types of tone both exist for a certain song, or whether it's random, or popularity based.

Your idea of storing both tones and using a pedal should work (with amplifi app disconnected) so that's a way to do it, as would storing 2 tones into your app as 'my tones' which you could specifically recall with a tap of the screen.

Not sure if bluetooth iPhone pedals may work with the app? Might be an option.

Hope that helps a bit.

Andy

Thanks for the reply! I see I can save the tones in my ABCD presets but can I still stream the music from my ipad to the amp without the app or with the capability of using the pedal. This wouldn't be a problem if the song had on constant tone or sound but for some with other thst require switching I might. Thanks

Well the info on the amplifi says that the iOS app is needed for the main tone creation/saving features and tone match. But it also says for just bluetooth streaming any bluetooth device is supported. So yes if you add the amplifi as just a bluetooth speaker in your iPhone or any other bluetooth device you would then be able to use the foot pedal with the amp. You may still be able to do that with the amplifi app running but I don't have an amplifi to test with yet.

Cheers

Andy

I have a feeling it will eventually incorporate the extra switches on the shortboard. You can set no amp on the app to bypass app control of the gear, so I should be able to aux in my Pod HD and play thru it an not the modelling features of the Amplifi if I'm so inclined. Or reclined.....

• 1 month later...

I have had my 150 for 3 days now and have a love hate relationship so far. I don't like its need to be on the internet for the app to work. This is due it storing everything in the cloud. Although I normally only use 4 sounds live so it works for me to dial in those at home and them load them into the the presets. Then I don't need the iPad all. If I need to my iPhone has data so I can connect it to internet at gig at tweak sounds live. I wear it on my strap. At home I love the full range speaker. I can run my keyboard and a mike processed though iPads and a small mixer into aux. I then blend in the guitar using the blend feature on amp and then wallah instant one man band which sounds great. I have been in music one way or the other my whole life (55 years) and this is just like any other musicians tool. Concentrate on what it does not what it doesn't do and you will enjoy it more. More to come as I dig in deeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaps

I'm of the same opinion of some of your thoughts only 4 channels - NOT GOOD

The app needs a lot more work as the functionality could be better, Setting Favourites (Very Flakey and not obvious), Blutooth (Flakey), Cloud doesnt have anything on for my songs (Yet).  Where the hell is the official cover for this amp or am I expected to transfer to gigs in the rain and avoid the drops!?!?

Also does anyone notice the latency in switching tones?  Half a second, which doesn't sound much but very noticeable and considering this just should not be the case very disappointing...  I have all the latest upgrades and if Line 6 are reading this get it sorted asap!  I'm using the MKII FBV shortboard (recommended)...

Amongst all the negative vibes here I have to say the tones that I've created myself I'm really happy with, they put my old Vetta to shame.  Iron out the above (which should have been ironed out before release) and I'm a happy bunny!

x

• 1 year later...

Just recently bought an FBV Express pedal to use with Amplifi 75. While the app is connected, i cannot use the presets on the pedal board. I've been going back and forth with Line 6 help tickets via email but in three rounds of emails (which have taken 2 weeks) they've not answered the question of whether it should work or not. Getting super frustrated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Was just recently notified by message on the app that an update was available. Completed the update and now the pedal does work while the app is open. Now if only i could keep the app from losing the data connection every other time i use it  ^_^ . I know, i know, it's always going to be something 

• 8 months later...

So just to get this straight, you can only store 4 presets at any time on these amps? EVEN with a FBV shortbread mk2 as a footcontroller? Boy, I hope that changes with a future firmware upgrade. How ridiculous.

Just 4 presets it´s a few, the pedal should be used for change presets bunch or something .... we have over 100 presets to use, why you guys limited us? 

• 1 month later...

To assign specific tones to your MK2 Express pedals:

1.Select a desired tone from the app - either one of your saved tones or one of theirs. Play it to make sure it's correct. 

2. Exit the App on your device (iPad, phone). For some reason It will not work with the app open. Your selected tone should still be there even after closing the app.

3. If your tone is still there (it should be), press and hold the Tone button on the amp until the preset lights start flashing (should take about 3-4 seconds).

4. Once flashing, release the Tone button and then tap the Tone button to scroll thru the presets (a,b,c or d) until you get to the place you want to assign the selected tone.

5. Now press and hold the Tone button for about 2 seconds. Your tone should be assigned to the pedal that you selected. 

After much trial and error this just worked for me so i figured i'd share. Pick the 4 tones you'd play most bc as far as i can tell, the pedal only works for 4 - you cannot switch banks using the pedal - or even the amp.  It seems you can only do that using the app.