Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

effect/effect off?

rwinking

I know I can set a Helix footswitch to  toggle between two effects but can it do three? What I am wanting is to do effect 1/effect 2/ off. I got the idea from my old iStomp by Digitech called the Impossible Pedal from Arian Ballew. What you do on it is hit the pedal once and it shifts your pitch to whatever you want, hit it again and you are at normal pitch and then the third time you hit it it switches to yet another pitch. Solos can get really outside and weird using this. I plugged the pedal into the FX loop and I can only get one pitch as the pedal is basically on all of the time and I switch it in and out.. I then had the idea of setting up two whammy FX on the Helix, one higher and one lower but then I run into the issue of how to get it turned off the third time I hit the FS. Any ideas out there?

I have not had a need for the snapshot feature yet but I started checking it out last night and you are right.....that seems like the way to go. Hopefully the learning curve is not too steep. Thanks  lot.

PS Can the snapshots do MIDI changes?

Once you wrap your head around snapshots you will find they are intuitive and relatively simple. Well worth the effort of learning. 

35 minutes ago, rwinking said:

PS Can the snapshots do MIDI changes?

Short answer, yes!

Command center can be used to send a limited amount of midi commands at the preset change and the snapshot change. 

You can also assign a single midi command to a stomp switch.... IIRC.