Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10T availability - Canada

convergys2

So here I was, researching amps to replace my aging Fender Mustang 1 and I came across the Line6 Spider V series.  I dove deep into the specs and in the end I had to get one.

I used all of my Christmas money (and then some) so I could pick one up today.  I ended up getting the Spider V 120.  Got it home, and tested it out.  WOW better than I had hoped for.  I was like a kid on Christmas day.  All excited and can't stop playing with my new toy.  I then went looking for a G10T.  I just wanted the transmitter because my new amp has a built in receiver and charger...  Well, my excitement turned to disappointment quickly there after.  I felt like Ralphie when he didn't get his Red Ryder BB Gun.  I cannot find one (at a reasonable price) in Canada. Where did they all go?  Is there a shortage?

:(

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, patledoc said:

they were retrieved from stores. But now there is a correction firmware ; so Line6, when can we expect a return on the shelves ?

Probably sometime within the next week or so, but it might be impacted by the current geopolitical situation.

I just found the recall notice on the Government of Canada's website.

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2020/72529r-eng.php

Looking forward to when everything returns to normal.. Whatever that may look like.  In the mean time, I guess going old school will have to do :)

Stay safe, keep your distance and wash your hands...

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I called Yorkville and it looks like Line6 will be shipping the transmitters at the end of this month at the earliest and at the end of next month at the latest.  The rep did say that there are quite a few on back order and the initial shipment may not be enough to cover all the back orders.  This means that unless you have one on reserve, you might not find any available for a few months. 

Of  course, the current world we live in has had an impact on this product being released.  What I didn't know was where these are manufactured for Line6 is also where some medical equipment is manufactured that is desperately needed for the fight against Covid 19. It wasn't clear to me if Line6 was manufacturing much needed medical supplies or just in  the factory.  I guess in the end, It really doesn't matter.  I know what should be prioritized.  I now have a better understanding as to why its been taking so long to get these back in stock.  As much as I want one, its not as important as saving someones life.  I can wait.

Stay safe, we will get through this.

p.s. -Thank you to all the WWII vets who did what was needed to bring a different kind of virus that was infecting this world under control.  Today marks the 75th anniversary of VE Day.

@convergys2 you are absolutely right.  Line 6 should AT LEAST be responding to inquiries here though.  All the had to do to calm some of the noise is state that they have been contracted to build equipment by the government, and I am sure many people would be understanding.  Myself included.  I am going to see if I can find somewhere to order, and wait it out.

I am also curious if the newer units will have these battery life problems fixed that have been reported by long-time owners who did the latest firmware updates.

16 hours ago, danny6869 said:

I am also curious if the newer units will have these battery life problems fixed that have been reported by long-time owners who did the latest firmware updates.

L6 replaced mine following the update chaos, and the new one has the exact same issues...I mean it lasts slightly longer than the old one, but we're talking minutes, not hours. Ymmv, but I'll be shopping for something else in the near future. It's a shame... it works fine and it sounds great, but the battery life is now a joke.

I am already invested, as I need to pair it with my Yamaha THR30II.  I really have no choice other than using a cable, which defeats the purpose of that ultra portable unit.

I will have to take my chances.

Firmware updates...sigh...blessings and curses.

• 1 month later...

I got my new unit a few weeks ago, and it works great, except, as others have mentioned, the battery life is VERY DISAPPOINTING to say the least.  My Boss Katana Air's battery life was easily 6-8 hours.  The Line 6 one is 1-2 hours tops.  (the quality of the line 6 unit is much better though...the boss one has a static/popping problem that I cannot get rid of...the line 6 one stays crystal clear through the thr30ii)

So I finally got mine today.  I read the insert and it now states that the battery life should be up to 6 hours.  It use to say up to 8 hours.  I guess they either changed their battery supplier or are not charging them to the max.  I got mine at Long and McQuafe.  They have this extended warranty program where I spend another $20 bucks and got full coverage for 4 years.   If I start to notice that the battery is not lasting as long, I can bring it back and get a new one.  Well, that's how its supposed to work in theory.  We will see how it really works.

Just really glad to get this.

line 6 G10T addendum.tiff

I also managed to get the GT10 from Long and Mcquade yesterday...they only got 5 in and I got the last one. The serial number is not one that appears on Canada's recall website..so here's hoping. Not going to attempt to do any updates to it ..just going to charge and see what happens.

Also note I did manage to purchase the GT10S from Amazon Canada a week ago. Haven't had a chance to play much.

Did the firmware on it and no problems.  Been using that off and on for over 5 hours and still solid green light. 

Reason I wanted both was ...using the GT10S on my Fender Champion 20  Amp and using the straight GT10 on my Line-6 Spider V60 Mkii which I really love and since it is wireless ready it works perfectly with that. Also really like the standby mode in the GT10.

Correction: purchased from Amazon Canada the G10 and from Long and Mcquade the G10 T.

Edited by Dunkster
correction