Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot overwrite Standard and Baritone positions on tuning knob

bozodadethmachn

Hi, y'all.

Having a weird one. I can't overwrite the Standard and Baritone positions on the alternate tuning knob with either WB or on-the-fly. All the others I can overwrite fine. Also, when I select those 2 positions, an orange LED lights up. That doesn't happen on the ones that work.

I attempted the on-the-fly alternate tuning on the Standard position, but never got it to work. So I don't know if that position is now in some weird state or what. I just factory reset the guitar but getting the same results. Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Plug into Monkey, does it come up as a Shuriken, SR250 or SR270?

Also double check that the serial number on the head stock and the serial number in your Line 6 account

are the same. Use the interface device to connect to Monkey.

In Workbench HD,... what is the label in the top left corner? Does it come up as a Shuriken, or something else.

Flash v2.23 deals with Workbench HD display labeling.

... double check that you have the Shuriken Bundle (aka- Shuriken Model pack). Some of the first Shurikens didn't

have that, so the link was for loading the bundle. Some early users preferred the standard JTV models, so it started out that way.

Thanks for the reply, but no dice.

Monkey shows SR270, which is correct. WB shows the same, v2.23. I've loaded the Shuriken Presets back in and still nothing. The knob also has the same behavior, when I turn to those settings the orange LED comes on. That must mean something. I don't really want to try to set another position in case that's what is causing them to go into this state. What if I disconnect the battery for a while to reset it that way?

Thanks again.

I flashed the firmware again. UserIII Toggle1 is the Spank1 preset (screenshot attached) and sounds like I would expect it. But I noticed something this time. After flashing the firmware, the tuning knob LED will light up on all the positions. But after I overwrite the positions on the tuning knob in WB, the LED lights only on the Standard and Baritone positions. It does not light on the positions that were overwritten successfully.

The only change I made to these tunings was to compensate for the physical Drop D by tuning the 6th string up 2 semitones (BTW, it's pretty silly to have all the models assume physical drop D, but not the tuning knob).

Thanks for your continued support.

User3-Switch1.thumb.jpg.fe98eecf17220cb56cc9393dfb4654d4.jpgwbConnectShuriken.jpg.107a34fa82a2ba722af40db235f99686.jpg2113544235_presetafter.jpg.39877ab84518fb16f0c72534f32a5d82.jpg

16 hours ago, psarkissian said:

You don't have the Shuriken Bundle loaded. Go to my prior posting on that.

Use the interface device accessory to connect to the computer directly for downloading that.

Yeah, my bad. Forgot that step this time. I did it all again. Re-flashed the Shuriken and loaded the bundle (BTW: User III position 1 is the Tumbi/Banjo). Oddly the 1st time when I re-flashed it I told it not to remember the presets. It overwrote the presets but not the alternate tunings. It looked the same as in the pic above with the "DropD". I did get a MIDI error on that attempt so I rebooted and flashed it again. This time the alternate tuning were also reset, so it's a clean install. 

But the behavior is the same I can't overwrite the Standard and Baritone positions. I have noticed that on the clean install with default tunings the alternate tuning knob will always light up when selecting a new position. If a position is overwritten it will no longer light when moving that position. If I attempt to overwrite all positions with the Tuning ==> Manage in WB like the picture above, only the Standard and Baritone LEDs will light on selection. Presuming they haven't/can't be overwritten.

Very good.

Some of the early ones didn't have the bundle when it came out. A little late getting it to the factory.

So it was accessed through the link. Then I spotted a problem with how it was displayed in Workbench HD,

and so Flash v2.22 was updated to v2.23, so it would display correctly.

Sound like you're up and running again.

Standard and Baritone,... hmmm.

1 hour ago, psarkissian said:

Very good.

Some of the early ones didn't have the bundle when it came out. A little late getting it to the factory.

So it was accessed through the link. Then I spotted a problem with how it was displayed in Workbench HD,

and so Flash v2.22 was updated to v2.23, so it would display correctly.

Sound like you're up and running again.

Standard and Baritone,... hmmm.

Nothing has changed. This was my original problem.

I know there were a couple of selections that were fixed and can't be changed,...

" You can replace all but the MODEL and STANDARD setting on the Alternate Tuning knob with your very own creations." page-12 in the manual.

I get that Model is fixed, it's a model of itself. Both Model and Standard are fixed reference tunings.

I can understand that Standard tuning is fixed,... Baritone, that's odd.