Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to play along with Spotify on Helix LT?

Pufedu

Hi!

So, I have been seriously considering buying Helix LT from Thomann, since its under 900€ there. How ever, I have never used these amp modeling units before, and my understanding of them is pretty limited. So, my question is: How would I setup the Helix LT to be able to use headphones, and play along with Spotify tracks on my PC? Just to be super clear, i want to hear BOTH Helix and Spotify from my headphones at the same time (duh)

I do have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd gen audio interface which I plug my headphones into when normally using my PC. So would I need to connect the Helix to the Focusrite? If so, should I connect it to the microphone, or instrument slot? Or will it be enough to just connect the Helix to my PC with the USB cable, and then plug headphones into the Helix?

I live in an apartment, so being able to use headphones and play along to music that way is a "must have" feature for me. I have been using amp sim softwares like Bias Amp before, and with those I have just plugged my guitar into my pedalboard, and the pedalboard into my Focusrite interface and that's it.

Thank you so much for your help! I am really looking forward to getting the Helix if what I described is possible with it.

I simply connect USB cable between the 2 and use headphones when learning songs and jamming at home.  If I want to 'move some air', i just run an XLR out to my powered wedge. I control the 'mix' by using the volume on Spotify/Laptop.  I'll set my overall volume with the big knob for my guitar volume, then add in spotify as I like. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

I simply connect USB cable between the 2 and use headphones when learning songs and jamming at home.  If I want to 'move some air', i just run an XLR out to my powered wedge. I control the 'mix' by using the volume on Spotify/Laptop.  I'll set my overall volume with the big knob for my guitar volume, then add in spotify as I like. 

Wow! Wonderful, thanks for a quick response!

16 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

Oh by the way, just to make sure; Do you connect your headphones to your PC or the Helix? I would imagine the Helix?

The devil is in the details.

If you use the Focusrite for recording, set the Focusrite as your soundcard in Windows, connect the LT and headphones to the Focusrite, and use the mix knob on the Focusrite.

If you're using the LT for recording, set the LT as the soundcard in Windows, in Global Settings>Ins/Outs on the LT set "USB 1/2 Destination" to wherever the speakers are connected, set "Headphones Monitor Multi"and plug the headphones into the LT.

In either case, use the Level on the app (YT, Spotify, whatever) to control the streaming level into the AI.

• 3 years later...

If you're still looking for a solution, you can connect the Helix to your PC using a USB cable. This allows the Helix to act as your audio interface, and you can plug your headphones directly into the Helix to hear both the Helix and Spotify simultaneously.
Since you mentioned having a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd gen audio interface, you can still use it for other audio needs if you prefer. However, for this specific setup, connecting the Helix directly to your PC via USB should work just fine.
If you're interested in boosting your Spotify game, you might want to check out https://streamingfamous.com/buy-spotify-plays/. They offer services to help you buy Spotify plays, which can give your music an extra boost and attract more listeners.

On 6/27/2023 at 8:48 AM, karimstolen said:

If you're still looking for a solution, you can connect the Helix to your PC using a USB cable. This allows the Helix to act as your audio interface, and you can plug your headphones directly into the Helix to hear both the Helix and Spotify simultaneously.

If they still haven't figured it out 3-1/2 years later... 

Oh, sorry, first post - WARNING! Beware of Zombie threads! :-)

Welcome to the Community!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

To set it up for jamming with Spotify, you've got a few options. You could connect the Helix to your PC via USB and use the Helix as your audio interface, then plug your headphones into the Helix. Alternatively, you could go Helix into your Focusrite – either mic or instrument slot – then headphones into the Focusrite. Since you're in an apartment, headphones are a must for some quiet rocking! It's great that you're researching and planning out the setup.If you're into making your own music, promoting your tunes can be a game-changer. Check out sources like https://sоnglifty.com/spotify-promotion/ for tips on getting your songs out there

On 9/1/2023 at 8:51 AM, Yusufsuleman said:

To set it up for jamming with Spotify, you've got a few options. You could connect the Helix to your PC via USB and use the Helix as your audio interface, then plug your headphones into the Helix. Alternatively, you could go Helix into your Focusrite – either mic or instrument slot – then headphones into the Focusrite.

Zombie thread, resolved over 3 years ago.

• Upvote 1