Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi only puts out reverb

DrewR02

My bassist was using an amplifi (150?) for band practice for weeks, suddenly as he was playing, no sound was coming out. well, sound was coming out in the form of reverb but nothing else. once the reverb was turned off there was no sound whatsoever. he was able to get sound to come out with bluetooth from his phone but nothing from his bass. any suggestions?

Just a guess, but it sounds to me like there's something wrong in the 'guitar amp' section, or maybe even the 12" speaker has blown, either of which may have been caused by overuse of the bass with it. The speaker would be easy enough to test with a 1.5v battery, which would show you excursion of the cone, if the voice coil is intact.

I believe you're hearing the reverb portion of the signal because most of the effects come from the full-range speakers, not the powerful guitar amp section. Note that I'm not an expert, and this is just speculation. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong!