Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flipping preset display numerical order?

GrampaBob

HI fairly new to the helix and I'm sure this is an easy fix but right now I have this on my display for presets...

004-005-006-007

000-001-002-003

I'd like to swap them so the lower numbered row is always on the top going from page to page, descending top to bottom.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

Have you tried the other preset display option? You can have them displayed as a Bank/Slot combination (e.g. 1A-B/C/D through 32A/B/C/D) rather than the numbers 000 to 127. See Global Settings -> Preferences -> Preset Numbering.

Yes it's weird.  I have to click the upperwards bank button to cycle descending thru the patches whether I use numbers or alphanumeric.  I would be inclined to think if I stomp the upper button it will cycle up towards 1A (which is what I want preferably).  I must have reversed it somehow.

I mean I guess it's correct to a point.  Since the LCD displays what I mentioned, if I click upwards it would be heading down the number pattern in the right direction.

My brain wants it flipped harhar.

Well, it is the way it is. The Up button navigates you in the direction of increasing (upwards moving) numbers, and vice versa for the Down button. There's no real up or down - just an ordered presentation that your brain can flip if it wants. I'm a bit confused by your concept of 'descending thru the patches'. Given that the numbers are increasing I would say you are ascending.

Or perhaps your brain is locked into the ordered list of the HX Edit program where there is an up/down presentation that is different from the presentation on the Helix device itself.

In any case, one man's ceiling is another man's floor...... Just ask any apartment dweller. And your brain can handle it. It already flips the optical image from your eyeballs so that we don't see the world as being upside down.  .... or do we?.....

54 minutes ago, GrampaBob said:

Yes it's weird.  I have to click the upperwards bank button to cycle descending thru the patches whether I use numbers or alphanumeric.  I would be inclined to think if I stomp the upper button it will cycle up towards 1A (which is what I want preferably).  I must have reversed it somehow.

I mean I guess it's correct to a point.  Since the LCD displays what I mentioned, if I click upwards it would be heading down the number pattern in the right direction.

My brain wants it flipped harhar.

As of 2.80, you can swap the Up/Down footswitches if you go to Global Settings>Footswitches>Knob 6, "Swap Up/Dn". That way FS1 will be Bank, Preset or Snapshot down and FS7 will be Bank, Preset or Snapshot up. It still doesn't change the way the presets are in the scribble strips in preset mode.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

As of 2.80, you can swap the Up/Down footswitches if you go to Global Settings>Footswitches>Knob 6, "Swap Up/Dn". That way FS1 will be Bank, Preset or Snapshot down and FS7 will be Bank, Preset or Snapshot up. It still doesn't change the way the presets are in the scribble strips in preset mode.

Thnx that kinda fixed half of it.  Now when I go down, the banks also go down or up like they should.  Now the only thing is the higher numbers are always displayed on top

5-6-7-8

1-2-3-4

I still was hoping I can flip these around so the smaller set is always displayed on the top like this if I went downwards...

1-2-3-4

5-6-7-8

then next screen would be

9-10-11-12

13-14-15-16

• 11 months later...

I agree. I would also like to see this in a future update. How do we submit requests to the Line 6 development team?

It would be great to see on the display:

024   025   026   027

028   029   030   031

Instead of the way it is now.

9 hours ago, swhitlow said:

How do we submit requests to the Line 6 development team?

Hi,

As you are obviously aware, posting  here is not enough, you actually have to post your ideas/request onto the IdeaScale site to be voted on.

Find it here:

https://line6.ideascale.com

Ensure that nobody else has made the same request otherwise you will simply split the vote. If it already exists, then you can vote it up.

Afterwards you can post here, in the correct thread (link below), to let other users know what you have asked for. That way, they can vote for it if they like the idea.

https://line6.com/support/topic/14497-helix-ideascale-community-submissions/page/1/

Most of the latest effects, amps and functions added to firmware got into the Helix, because they started out on IdeaScale.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Happy New Year.

• Thanks 1