Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Switching/Snapshot Question

Old-Rocker

I have just bought a HX Stomp & i'm fumbling my way through it.

I'm trying to switch between 2 Pre Amps(A & B),I have each pre in it's own block on a signal path,can I configure them so that I can switch between A & B(or one or the other)using a single footswitch,so when the footswitch is pressed ON it switches between pre amps from A to B.

I hope this makes sense,i'm finding it difficult to put it in writing(smiley).

Thanks.

Assign the Bypass state of both pre-amp blocks to the same footswitch. Manually set one of the blocks to the Bypass state and set the other to the active state. Save the preset. Henceforth stepping on the assigned footswitch will toggle between the two pre-amps, with one being on and one being bypassed. Each press of the footswitch changes the state of each block.

(Note: this method has nothing to do with snapshots but you could achieve the same thing using snapshots if desired)

15 hours ago, silverhead said:

Assign the Bypass state of both pre-amp blocks to the same footswitch. Manually set one of the blocks to the Bypass state and set the other to the active state. Save the preset. Henceforth stepping on the assigned footswitch will toggle between the two pre-amps, with one being on and one being bypassed. Each press of the footswitch changes the state of each block.

(Note: this method has nothing to do with snapshots but you could achieve the same thing using snapshots if desired)

Thanks,Silverhead i'm a numb scull with this stuff, but i'll  give it a go.

Sorry just not getting this.

Update:this is working thanks Silverhead,what was/is confusing me is,the "name" of the selected block doesn't change with the selected "state",unless I "touch" the switch,but the small indicator blocks on the Stomp display are showing on/off states.

Ha!,i see what's happening the "name/label" only appears with the led status,so when the led is "dimmed" the name is not displayed,but you probably already know this(smiley).

Again thanks for your help,now I know what to look for I've also found the instruction in the "pilots guide".