Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix stomp graphic UI

Roeffel

Hi guys,

I hope with the upcoming v3.0 stomp update and the 8 blocks. Line 6 will change the display structure of the stomp. I never liked the button graphics, they never served a purpose, it's only 3 knobs inches away from the screen. I think we gitarists can remember that order :). Anyway a second thing is that the signal chain had really small blocks, it's hard to see standing up that an effect is on or off. I would rather get rid of the wire in between the fx blocks and increase the size of the blocks itself. just squares or rectangles that fully optimize the screen and the additional usefull info !

Do you feel the same ?

Raf

Not really.

I think if we get 2 additional blocks which are completely user-assignable as the 6 we already have, the signal chain view will end up with smaller blocks anyway.

I don't think the signal chain view is really designed so that you can see what is inactive/inactive when playing, though it is obviously an advantage if your eyesight it good enough! ;)  

I'd like to see this more as some performance view , as you see now with the pod go the screen is filled with squares which tell you which button serves which purpose. My point is that the screen could be optimized better , no button graphics , big preset title and some squares that are lit when that item in the chain is active or not. With the helix floor , the big screen and complex routing options it's fine and understandable. With the stomp not so, i mean we all know that the blocks are connected, we don't need to visualize this with a wire :). In case of parallel path devide the quares in 2 and easy to see what's happening as well !

Just my humble opinion !

Raf