Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

16s delay x3 (HX Stomp)

ribribeiro

Hi,

I'm trying to do something a bit weird. I need 3 delay repeats with a 16s delay time.

I figured out how to do 1 16s delay repeat (have a second path, put 2 delays at 8s each there with 100% mix), but I can't figure out how to do it with more repeats without having 4 paths.

This is on the HX Stomp.

Can anyone think of a clever way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

10 hours ago, ribribeiro said:

Hi,

I'm trying to do something a bit weird. I need 3 delay repeats with a 16s delay time.

I figured out how to do 1 16s delay repeat (have a second path, put 2 delays at 8s each there with 100% mix), but I can't figure out how to do it with more repeats without having 4 paths.

This is on the HX Stomp.

Thanks a lot!

Maybe you are actually trying to do something trickier with subdivisions like a U2 delay but from your description of what you are trying to accomplish it sounds like all you have to do is adjust your 'Feedback' parameter and only use a single delay block. The Feedback parameter governs how many repeats you get, then just set the delay time to 16secs.

Nope, I tried that. Since the second delay has an 8s setting and 3x repeats the first repeat comes out 16s after I hit the string, but then the next one comes 8s after the first, same for the third one.

I tested a bunch of things, so I'm thinking the answer is not obvious (or it can't be done). Unless I missed some simple, elegant solution. Hope someone can find one!

On 2/4/2020 at 6:45 AM, ribribeiro said:

Yes, that would be the ideal solution. But as far as I can tell no delay can go higher than 8s.

Just out of curiosity what are you trying to do with a 16s delay time? That is insanely long. The only thing I could suggest is finding an external delay pedal or plugin that has that long a delay time(if you can find one), or you could perhaps do something with the looper on the HX Stomp. 

On 2/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, ribribeiro said:

I really can’t see any way to achieve this with a HX Stomp.

Way back there was a re-issue of an old Electro Harmonix unit from the 1980s that could do 16 second delay and more.

You can occasionally find one for sale on the pre-owned market:

https://reverb.com/brand/electro-harmonix?query=16+second+digital+delay

Demo Video.

EDIT:

This will give you up to 23 seconds,

https://www.boss.info/global/products/dd-20/

Edited by datacommando
Added info

2 hours ago, ribribeiro said:

I want to play a Canon =]. Can't do it with a looper.

I try to never question "why" someone believes they need a solution that is out of the box... but I do like to fully grasp the need. 

Wanting to play a Canon, 3 times, 16 seconds apart should not need a complicated solution.

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish and why you feel the "delay" is the proper solution to the problem. 

@datacommando I know there are a couple of super long delays on the market, but this is more of a thing I'd like to do  than something I need. So I'm not going to buy a pedal for it. But thanks for the tips!

@codamedia It's simple, really. The Canon has 4 lines (i.e. dry + 3 repeats), they are 16s apart. I could do a super long loop and play the whole song 4 times. But that's not fun.

Thanks everyone for chiming in!

• Thanks 1