Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Amp Switching

rd2rk

Somebody Sticky This!

According to the manuals, this doesn't work using Instant Commands "At This Time".

I called support to see if that's been fixed, since the manuals are so old, and the tech didn't know.

So I broke out the old Radio Shack Multi-tester. It seems to work on both Presets and Snapshots using Instant Commands.

EDIT: OK, just called support again, and they're (different tech) telling me that it works on Floor and Rack, but not on HXFX.

EDIT REDUX: CONFIRMED - External Amp Switching with Instant Commands on HX FX WORKS! Thank you C4TH!

SOMEBODY STICKY THIS!

Just now, C4TH said:

Just saw your post rd2rk, after seeing your related comment on another users thread. And yes, tested mine with instants, and it works fine.

Just to confirm: External Amp Switching with Instant Commands DOES work with HXFX?

Thanks!  The real question is - will it work with Snapshots? That's what the manual says it will not do.

Are you guys testing using snapshots? Would love to know! :)

Per the manual I downloaded from L6:

Pg. 27: Want to save your footswitches for other uses? Command Center MIDI type Instant messages are automatically transmitted when a Snapshot is recalled. (Note that, at this time, Amp control messages are not transmitted per snapshot when assigned to an instant command; only when assigned to a footswitch.) 

Says the same thing on page 36. 

Thanks ALL!!! :)

My other thread on this, now moved to here: