Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 4K Monitor High DPI Support?

monkeymanx

Anybody have any idea if they have been working on getting support for folks with 4K monitors that need high DPI support? Right no you can enlarge the plug in container but you can not actually enlarge the text and the graphics so it is pretty small looking and you have to put your face on the screen to edit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone wanting to run Helix Native on 4K+ resolution with a readable UI on Windows 10 may try the following:

1. Head to your DAW root folder containing the exe file for your DAW
2. Right-click on the DAW exe file then 'Properties' and 'Compatibility'
3. Click 'Change High DPI Settings'
4. Tick both boxes 'Program DPI' and 'High DPI Scaling Override'.
5. Run Helix Native within your DAW and it should scale up enough to be readable on a native 4k resolution (and possibly higher).

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love my HX Stomp, thought hey this would be great on my desk top! In Ableton Live the UI is an Inch x Inch in size! I can't use this! Gonna have to ask for money back or charge back this is ludicrous. Tried the above suggestion but it did not make any change to how it appears.

Helix Native is crap.JPG

On 3/27/2022 at 11:54 AM, mlaroe said:

Love my HX Stomp, thought hey this would be great on my desk top! In Ableton Live the UI is an Inch x Inch in size! I can't use this! Gonna have to ask for money back or charge back this is ludicrous. Tried the above suggestion but it did not make any change to how it appears.

Helix Native is crap.JPG

So you can't stretch that window out? That looks like it's cropping the window, not really shrinking it.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/6/2022 at 8:31 AM, kasakka said:

Old thread, but how the hell is Helix Native 3.5.1 still not HiDPI capable? On my 4K screen it's either tiny or I override scaling and it's blurry instead. Come on Line6!

How do we still not have support for this in 2023?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If "Select High DPI Scaling Override'' is selected in the DAW's properties (suggest elsewhere in this thread) it will affect all plugins from all providers so none of them will display in HiDPI mode. That is not a realistic option unless you don't have any other plugins that can run in HiDPI mode.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 7:40 PM, M4R71N88 said:

Line 6 please add 4k support, its 2024, most people use 4k monitors and in 4k the interface is too small!

Hi,

There are no Line 6 staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”).

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of your suggestion been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any  new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

The above fix does work for me. I was having the issue with both Helix Native and Softube Amp Room so this is a big win. Previously I was lowering my screen resolution to one that was visible in Reaper.

Just ticking the 'High DPI Scaling Override' doesn't work I had to change the dropdown to System from Application.

I'm not running any HiDPI compatible plugins though so it's obviously not a perfect fix for everyone.

Edit: And in fact it looks like the setting can be chosen on a per plugin basis by hitting the plus button on a floating FX window and choosing the relevant compatibility option there.

Edited by yocky
new info
  • Like 1