Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

same effect with different settings per snapshot

yepgam

Hello there,

probably a basic question but just can't get it right. I want to use e.g. the Stupor in snapshot 1 for solo with high gain and level settings. For snapshot two I want to use the same Stupor in the chain with other settings. I save the settings but when switching the snapshots it just keeps the last setting. Finally I put two Stupors in the chain with different settings, but this way I can use one less effect.

I tried the discard/recall settings but that does not change things either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gus

Are you assigning the settings to Snapshot control? Page 35 of the manual (Helix 2.50 Rev D).

Save the Preset before moving to another Snapshot. I do this even if Snapshot Edits is set to RECALL. Just to be safe.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yepgam said:

For snapshot two I want to use the same Stupor in the chain with other settings. I save the settings but when switching the snapshots it just keeps the last setting.

Just in case you are not aware, values are NOT automatically setup to be controlled by snapshot, you have to do that part. Take a look at the values of the Stupor on the Helix screen. Are they in brackets? If not, you did not assign those values to be controlled by snapshots. It's easy.... just push the button while you change the value.... brackets magically appear and now they are controlled by snapshots. 

Next up... follow all the advice provided above.... especially the point about saving every snapshot before moving to the next one while developing your preset. 

Well guys, thanks for all your advice. But it still does not work. The settings won't stick to the snapshot even though I saved them.

The settings are between brackets. The video does not address the 'snapshot control'. And in the HX Effects manual page 35, there is no section D.

Maybe it's something to do with the version, 2.81?

Really don't get it. Maybe you can someone can advise how to do this with HX Edit that I normally use? In the bypass/controller assign section I don't see 'snapshot control' either.

I really feel stupid, but it's also pissing me off! Hope you can help.

Yesssss I got it now!  In HX Edit I need to choose which parameter (level, tone etc.) I want to control by snapshot, duh.

But then have I another question: can I also choose to have all parameters be controlled by snapshot?

23 minutes ago, yepgam said:

Yesssss I got it now!  In HX Edit I need to choose which parameter (level, tone etc.) I want to control by snapshot, duh.

But then have I another question: can I also choose to have all parameters be controlled by snapshot?

You can only select them one at a time.